Completed - Masterboard Swap ~ Send by August 17

Sooo, it’s been a week since I sent. Should I panic or just be patient…

1 Like

Nothing here yet. Our mail usually gets delivered in another hour or two so :crossed_fingers: it’s in there today!

2 Likes

Mail has been returning to normal but still a little off I’d give it at least another week before panicking :wink:

2 Likes

And when you asked me the same question, it was in my mailbox that day. So fingers crossed!

4 Likes

No mail today. I’ll let you know as soon as it arrives!

I’m going to start another envelope to send. This is driving me crazy!!

2 Likes

:frowning: Still nothing here. We have been getting other mail and today’s USPS informed delivery email doesn’t have anything. Maybe it’s just taking the scenic route :slight_smile:

So sorry it’s MIA :sob: I don’t know how your first one was packed but over in the Happy Mail thread we had some handmade envelopes that were falling apart in transit… So I suggest a store bought envelope if you think that had anything to do with things? It’s so frustrating when mail goes missing!!! :confounded: Also be extra sure you have a return address on it and maybe drop it off in the post office and have a postal worker double check postage is right.

Still have fingers crossed it will arrive safely :crossed_fingers:

It was a store-bought envie, I think I painted it. It’s okay- school starts Wednesday so I have time today & tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience :frowning:

First piece drying, onto second one!

4 Likes

Heads up - still nothing here yet. I have been getting other mail and packages so I’m starting to wonder if it did get lost :frowning:

On my way to the post office. Should arrive next week. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

You’ll never guess what was returned to me today. Yep. The first envelope of master boards I sent to @photojenn. Only took 2 months….

5 Likes

WOW!

:open_mouth:

At least you got them back from postal limbo!

1 Like

Oh wow! Any idea why it got returned?

I’m baffled as well. The address was correct.
SMH.

4 Likes

Hrm, this makes me nervous that there might be other mail that I don’t know about that’s getting returned :confused:

@AIMR recently sent me a swap package that seems to have gotten lost as well :confused:

I haven’t had any issues with packages with tracking numbers so maybe I’ll have to suggest that for future swaps. :frowning:

2 Likes

I’ve had 4 or 5 packages or envelopes returned to me in the past 2 years, including a $45+ box to Germany that I had to resend. And my Xmas gift from my sister last year - she sent from New Hampshire to me in San Francisco - sat in Chicago inexplicably for 9 weeks. I received it in February.

1 Like

I have been extra vigilant in making sure I check and re-check addresses and postage. I had an international package returned to me (to Australia) and so far, at least three small packages that I have no idea where they might be! On the other hand, I mailed an envelope out from Florida to TN and it got there in one day! I have also received a few envelopes with postage due on them but not even my carriers are sure how I am suppose to pay…they certainly aren’t collecting money ( anywhere from 14-22 cents!). I am not going to be shocked that I get more returns or that things go missing…it is only going to get worse over the holidays, I fear!

I think all we can do is let each other know…no such thing as a surprise anymore… :pensive:

I have the feeling that postal workers, who are on low wages and have to make crazy times (some package deliverers over here have exactly 1 minute and 50 seconds PER delivery…, and I’m not in a big town), are being more and more sloppy.
Like over here they ring the doorbell, lay the package in front of my door (or put it in the special box we have at the back of our home), with a sticker already stuck to it saying ‘you weren’t at home’, and walk back to their car. There is no way I can open the door in time.
I think that whenever a letter or a parcel falls off a table or out of a sack or box in the back of their van, and they find it weeks or months later, they just slap a sticker ‘wrong address’ on it and throw it in the returns bin.
There is no customer service anymore, leave alone the lovely conversations I used to have with the deliverers, some of whom even became sort of friends.
Who can blame them, if they get paid so little and have to rush like crazy?

1 Like

another round of masterboard swapping has been posted.

1 Like