Limited to a certain number of people? (optional) No

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
If so, which country? N/A

Additional Age requirement? No

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES
Has posted at least 15 times: YES
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: N/A
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: N/A

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Masterboards 101

A masterboard is a beautiful multimedia mess intended to be cut apart and used in pieces for crafting. Check out these links for more info and for inspiration! (Trust me, they are fun and easy!)

Tutorial by @Reinikka
Tutorial by @Magpie
Tutorial by @geekgirl

Masterboards by @Bunny1kenobi
Masterboard by @GMPNQ
Masterboards by @Bunny1kenobi inspired by @GMPNQ
Masterboards by @Reinikka

“But what do I do with them?” Inspiration:
Masterboard ATC blanks by @Lynx2Lancer
Masterboard Cards by @GeekyBookworm
Masterboard Tags by @geekgirl
Masterboard ATCs by @AcadianDriftwood

But wait! There’s more! Masterboards don’t have to be paper based :wink:
Fabric Masterboard by @GMPNQ
Pencil Pouches from Masterboard-Style Fabric by@thanate

There is soooo much more too! Search LC for the word “masterboard”

Swap Details

This swap is for all skill levels!

We will be swapping

• Three masterboards
  • And one small item made with at least one masterboard element

Masterboards should be a minimum of 5 1/2" squared. The small item can be an ATC, altered tag, greeting card, etc. A “small” can be measured by time (2 or less hours), by physical size (Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks), or by price ($10 or less)

Shipping should be low cost for this swap. Please check the weight and/or take it to a post office to be sure it has enough postage. Tracking numbers will not be required for this swap but you should be willing to resend if something goes missing. If you do get a tracking number please share it with Reinikka and your swap partner. You will not have to resend if you have a tracking number. If you want to ensure you get a tracking number you can use a padded envelope or pad the inside to make the package eligible for tracking.

All skill levels and masterboard types are welcome but please do your best to send something you would be happy receiving :heart: Share your favorite masterboard projects, ask questions, and participate in the swap thread. Please post at least once/week to check-in so I know you haven’t forgotten us :wink: I will be keeping track of communication & participation. We have four weeks for crafting, which should be plenty of time, but if you think you will be late, send me and your partner a message to let us know.

Signup Questionnaire
Please fill this out and send it to @Reinikka in a private message

*Name of swap: Masterboard Swap
*Lettuce Craft username:
*Email address:
*Your real name AND Mailing address including the country (written as it would appear on the envelope):

*Are you at least 16 years old: YES/NO
*Have you posted a comment in the swap thread and agree to check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
*Do you understand that Delivery Confirmation number is not required for this swap, but you must be willing to re-send if your package goes missing (you will not have to resend if you get a tracking number): YES/NO
*Are you willing to ship internationally for this swap? YES/NO
*How many partners would you like (First time swappers may only have one)? ONE/TWO
*Do you have any allergies that might affect this swap? YES/NO & What are they?
*Do you have any allergens in your house? YES/NO & What are they?

*Do you understand what a “masterboard” is: YES/NO
*What type of masterboards would you like to craft? (Paper, fabric, other?):
*What type of masterboards would you like to receive?
*What would you like to receive as a “small”? (ATC, bookmark, other?)
*What do you usually make with masterboards (or what do you want to make)?
*What are some of your favorite color combinations, themes, and things?
*Do you have a pinterest or other site to share with your partner?
*Is there anything you would absolutely not like to receive?
*Will you be able to share pictures of what you receive in the gallery or should your partner be prepared to share for you?
*Anything else you’d like to share with your partner?

5 Likes

Masterful Masterboard Maker Matches
:arrow_right: = sending to
:package: = Sent
:gift: = Received
:mailbox_with_no_mail: = Late with communication
:hole: = Contact me ASAP
:sparkling_heart: = Done with swap

:sparkling_heart: @Reinikka :gift: roler & :gift: kayrun
:sparkling_heart: @thanate :gift: loves2experiment & :gift: Ewulotta
:sparkling_heart: @Smmarrt :gift: photojenn & :gift: Renstar
:sparkling_heart: @loves2experiment :gift: thanate
:sparkling_heart: @geekgirl :gift: Renstar & :gift: Lynx2Lancer
:sparkling_heart: @photojenn :gift: megwell & :gift: Smmarrt
:sparkling_heart: @megwell :gift: photojenn
:sparkling_heart: @Renstar :gift: geekgirl & :gift: Smmarrt
:sparkling_heart: @kayrun :gift: Reinikka
:sparkling_heart: @Ewulotta :gift: thanate
:sparkling_heart: @Lynx :gift: geekgirl
:sparkling_heart: @roler :gift: Reinikka

1 Like

Woo hoo! I’m so excited to be hosting my first swap on LC :partying_face:

8 Likes

I need to weigh how many partners I want, but you know I’m in :raising_hand_woman:t2:.

1 Like

You know I love me some masterboards, but I’m gonna have to skip (Imsosorrypleasedonthateme) this swap because there are just too many other swaps I want to do too. But, if anyone ever wants to personal swap masterboards with me or @geekybookworm, we’d most likely be up for it.

@Reinikka I know you’ll be an AMAZING host here on LC!

Have fun and get messy you all!

2 Likes

Yay! Signing up soooooooooooon…

1 Like

Just finished brushing up on my knowledge of masterboards…the links provided were very helpful :smiley:

3 Likes

Ok, sent in my Q. I was playing with paint & stencils on the front porch last week, but I think I need to find space inside where it’s not so hot & icky.

2 Likes

I sent in my q - looking forward to starting.

1 Like

Hooray for @thanate @Smmarrt and @loves2experiment :partying_face: This is shaping up to be a fun swap!

@megwell I’m looking forward to you jumping in :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And @Lynx I humbly forgive you for having interests outside of masterboards :wink: have fun in your other swaps!

5 Likes

Considering this swap even though I’ve only made one masterboard before (4 days ago :joy:).

6 Likes

Hey, good excuse to play around & try out more things! :grin:

2 Likes

Join us!!! :grin: I was admiring your one and only (so far) masterboard! :heart: I promise you’ll be in good company :slight_smile:

3 Likes

do it, do it, do it!

(Channeling my inner Luci from Disenchantment)

2 Likes

Alright, alright, I’ll sign up! But I would be remiss if I didn’t point out that I don’t see your name on the list yet :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I just sent in my Q :grin:

4 Likes

Oh this is s tough choice. I’m still so new to master boards and would definitely have swap anxiety here. But, sometimes you’ve just got to get out there… I’ll think on it

5 Likes

As someone who just made her first masterboard last weekend, I say jump on in! I think masterboards are difficult to do wrong or screw up because you can always add more layers!

3 Likes

No anxiety allowed! Masterboards are de-stressors :wink: You’ll be safe here, I promise! :grin:

That’s the right thinking! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:tada: I’m off to review questionnaires! :tada:

1 Like

Masterboards are made for people of all skill levels because you seriously cannot make a bad masterboard. Why’s that? Because if you think it’s bad, just add more paint and keep on going! Plus, you can use it cut up and as backgrounds for so many things!

I’m having so much FOMO about missing this swap, but I’m literally waiting for several more to start sign ups.

Anyway, if you think you can’t, know that you CAN!

3 Likes