Completed - One Small Fall, Y'all - Due Sept 27

Check in Question! What’s your favorite leaf color?

I like yellow. They seem to stand out the best. But a bright red is so beautiful!

In fall, I like the leaves that are a mixture of colors, like red and orange or orange and yellow on a single leaf.

2 Likes

I really like the yellow of gingko trees – they are stunning when the whole tree changes at once!

2 Likes

Ooh… the rusty orange is a favorite for sure.

2 Likes

My Japanese Maple a few years ago.

8 Likes

I love a pretty mixture of colors, too.

2 Likes

Red from Maple trees. We didn’t have red fall colours in the west so I’m thoroughly enjoying them now in the east.

2 Likes

That’s so interesting about west vs east! Wonder why? Is the climate that different? I always heard that it takes a cold snap to make the colors change – when our weather has been mild all fall, we don’t see the vivid colors like we do in certain years with a definite cold snap (at least in my experience)

2 Likes

Growing up in Alaska, our leaves didn’t get pretty colors either-- mostly brown.

2 Likes

well, I surely have learned something new today!

2 Likes

I grew up mostly in the south, and the leaves just turned brown there, too. When I first moved to Illinois, I took lots of pictures of colorful fall foliage, because it was new to me.

1 Like

It has to do with what trees grow where. Maple is not a native species in the west, people have tried planting them but they don’t do well because of the shorter summer season. In Alberta, the leaves started turning as the weather cooled down, nothing to do with frost. Here in PEI, nothing changes until the first frost happens, usually the end of September but we visited here once mid-October and everything was still green.

Before they married our sons, both DILs lived out west for a bit and both complained about the lack of red in the fall.

As beautiful as the reds are here, I miss driving into the mountains on a cool fall morning, seeing vibrant yellow covering them.

3 Likes

Our leaves here where I live, turn beautiful golds, reds, oranges… We have many different types of trees. Some years are better than others tho on how vibrant they are. Rain fall ( to much or to little), shorter sunlight and cooler temps. But normally we do have some magnificent foliage. I pretty much like all the colors but I think the deep reds and some purple (kinda a burgundy) are my favorite.

2 Likes

I mailed today.

3 Likes

I love burgundy leaves. Now off to work on my swap stuff

Whew, what a week so far. I have been slammed and have had a massive headache. It happens every time the weather changes. I have big plans to work on this over the weekend.

4 Likes

Gozer hope you are feeling better - I get those type of headaches too. Got my plan nailed down and supplies in hand - now to get busy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Feel better. I get headaches quite often, so I feel ya. So sorry.

One more step on mine and it should be done.

1 Like

hope you get to feeling better! I have settled on an idea (or 2) and need to get cracking this weekend also

1 Like

I linked the Gallery to the first post!

3 Likes