COMPLETED - Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap Gallery

This gallery is great, now I know who’s houses I need to visit to raid your fabric stashes :joy:

5 Likes

Fish and bananas were both impulse purchases a long time ago from JoAnns. I made a quilt block (just one) with the bananas but haven’t used the fish yet! They were just stash, not scrap!

3 Likes

Ah, okay. I get it! A few of the fabrics I sent were stash also. I love the fish and the bananas! Thanks for sharing.

lol I bet most of us also snuck in stash fabrics…I tried to mix it up…I had a lot from prior quilt block swaps as well as samples I ordered that didn’t work for a project…also, I had a lot of prints from mask making…I am going to continue to spend some time between art classes to at least sort more of my scraps…I swear each time I tell myself I will never let it build up, but it happens anyway…lol…that’s ok…

Hey, if anyone comes across cute uses of these 2-1/2 inch pieces, let’s share. I don’t really want to make a big quilt!

4 Likes

Here’s what I got from @Abbeeroad ! She wrote that she struggled to find fabric for me, well, I’m glad I wasn’t the only one! But I do love what she sent me! That fish fabric looks very familiar, I think there’s a bit of that in my hexie quilt. I can’t remember if you participated in the hexie swap or if it came from someone else. The pink one is my favourite but I love that they’re all so cheerful. I also really like the bee fabric even though I normally wouldn’t even look at fabrics in that colour.

I did have a look through my stash for certain things, but I found that if I didn’t have it as scrap it usually wasn’t in my stash either.

7 Likes

I’m planning to make a wall hanging but I was also thinking a tote bag, sewing machine cover, or some pillows could be fun.

4 Likes

This is the block that inspired the idea for the swap. It could make a fun pillow, table runner or wall quilt.

7 Likes

Oh, and I’m thinking of using my favorite fun fussy cut Halloween pieces in some of these blocks.

Edit: Removed the link to Pat Sloan’s blog as it was so full of ads and pop up crap, and you had to scroll down like 4 blog posts worth of text to find the block. Here’s a better link. Scrappy 9 Patch Stars:

4 Likes

Oooh, a tote bag! Hadn’t thought of that! I’ll definitely have enough scraps to have a tote bag as well as the pillow I was planning.

Thanks for sharing those quilt blocks as well, @MistressJennie. Would be good designs to use on tote bags or pillows…

4 Likes

It was hard for me to find fabrics for you because we have exchanged so many over the years! I wish I had taken pictures of what I sent to you earlier so if you get repeats, I am sorry! I kept trying to remember what I sent in the hexie swaps but of course, I couldn’t! lol

I figure if you don’t use them, some of your other quilting group could use them!

I love all of the fabrics you got…especially the black and whites!!

3 Likes

I love the idea of a tote bag! I just made one for my knitting, and I’ve been wanting to tweak the pattern a bit - this might be a fun modification.

4 Likes

Another idea I had was a slip on journal cover.

7 Likes

I thought about that as well! Or even just a strip down the cover using some linen…I use selvages and handmade “fabric” for journal covers…why not patchwork? :heart:

3 Likes

Look what I found in my mailbox! :heart_eyes:

This gorgeous assortment from @MistressJennie

And lots great greens and purples from @pioneer9

Thank you both!

7 Likes

Love the pink in the middle that looks like art marks!!

I can’t believe all the variety that @pioneer9 has in her stash/scraps!

Lots of good ideas in all of these to cross craft!

2 Likes

You got some bees too! So cute! And I love the brown one with all the jazzy circle designs from @pioneer9.

3 Likes

I was away this weekend but came home to an awesome haul from @tendstowardschaos!

The card is so cool.

I love the book fabrics especially, but it’s all great!

And she even used a Star Wars stamp! Saved.

Thank you so much Erin!!

10 Likes

BTW, to all my partners… Apologies about the ridiculous cards I sent! Some of which were ‘get well’, and ‘birthday’ themed. They were a free gift from the ASPCA, trying to get me to make another donation. They were also the lightest weight cards in my stash. And yes, I did weigh all my available greeting cards on a digital kitchen scale, trying to find the lightest ones, so that I could send you each as many scraps as possible. A crafty ‘waste not, want not’ situation. :woman_shrugging: :laughing: :balance_scale: :scissors: :heart:

8 Likes

omg…I did the same thing…I just used up the various freebie cards because they are lighter and bigger! ha ha ha

4 Likes

I mean, I just used folded pieces of scrapbook paper for my cards, so I’m not judging!

Received from @photojenn today! Thank you! :slight_smile:

6 Likes