COMPLETED - Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap Gallery

Wow! Even I can do that! :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh interesting. So she’s fusing them together onto fusible interfacing then sewing them from the back? I wonder how that would work for pressing seams/how bulky the seams would be.

ETA - oh I see now, she’s cutting the seam allowance open after sewing. Brilliant!

3 Likes

I’m definitely going to try that technique! Have always been intimidated by quilting because precision is definitely not my thing, but this technique makes me feel more confident about using my happy scrappies to make a pillow.

1 Like

I received from @pioneer9! Look at all these awesome Halloween prints! Thank you so much. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

My experience of quilting - 1 part sewing, 2 parts spending time with my seam ripper. I want to make a wall hanging with my scraps so I might use this method.

5 Likes

:rofl:
My experience exactly!
But this technique looks doable, even for us…

1 Like

So excited! Received DOUBLE scrap goodness today — cute fabric squares from both @pioneer9 and @tendstowardschaos.

These are from @pioneer9:

We both requested quirky scraps, and I love what she sent! (See the little macarons?) I also requested flowers and bright colors, and she delivered both, big time! For only the second time in all my years swapping, she sent a fabric that I also have in my stash (the yellow wonky stripes), so it’s obvious we have the same taste in fabric.

Next, from @tendstowardschaos:

She sent some good quirky ones too… and so much yellow, which is my favorite color! Love them all! Aren’t the mushrooms, food, and bees all adorable? And wonderfully, she also sent me bananas! Now I have all the bananas and all the bees!
:banana: :honeybee:

Thank you both!!!

8 Likes

You know, I’m starting to get very, very curious about the original fabric projects that generated some of these mesmerizing little scraps… For example:
For what did you use the Yoga-girl and the umbrella-girl fabric, @pioneer9?
For what did you use the bananas, @Abbeeroad and @tendstowardschaos?
For what did you use the bees, @tendstowardschaos and @MistressJennie?
And for what did you use the fish, @Abbeeroad?
Inquiring minds want to know!

3 Likes

I used the bee fabric in this…

2 Likes

So cute! Guess I should have remembered, because I loved your project and gave it a heart… :joy:

2 Likes

The yoga girl fabric was from a quilt I made for my mom (it was huge… I made a bunch of different blocks incorporating various hobbies and likes of hers… I bought 1/4 and 1/8 yards of a lot of novelty fabrics for that one).

The umbrella fabric was from Connecting Threads… I bought some of the coordinates, too, and I ended up using them in several baby-sized quilts that I think I ended up donating.

2 Likes

Oh, that place is dangerous :scissors:

2 Likes

The bees are going into a few I-Spy quilts for my grand nephews and some went into my giant scrappy quilt…and, I just really like bees. The banana fabric went into this:

2 Likes

Check out this awesome selection from @tendstowardschaos!

And the awesome window card!

Thank you :smiley:

9 Likes

Received my scrappy envelope from @MistressJennie today! Thank you!

6 Likes

Oh, those are cool! I got a fun window card from @tendstowardschaos too, but forgot to take a picture.

2 Likes

Beautiful scraps!

I got another awesome set of happy scraps, this one from @photojenn.

Aren’t they fabulous? I love the hedgehog, the glasses, the owl, the kitchen spoons, the mug…they are all great! And she sent a bonus scrap that is larger that has a cute pincushion and spool. The card that enclosed them was also adorable—the word “Scraps”, with each letter on a separate scrap.

Thanks so much! I love them all and can’t wait to use them!

8 Likes

That hedgehog is adorable!

1 Like

I got envelopes from @endymion, @pioneer9 and @tendstowardschaos . I managed to get one picture before my cell ran out of juice, so I will take them in the morning!

Here are my lovely pieces from @MistressJennie ! Love the Halloween fabrics…I see a cute table top mat in my future! I also LOVE batiks, so those will be used quickly!

Love seeing everyone’s fabrics…how cool to see what was made from them!

8 Likes