COMPLETED - Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap Gallery

It had all the colors of summer that I like! Kittykill and I were in the same Sunshine Swap at the other place, so I bet we both bought the same fabric back then!

If you look at the fabrics @marionberries sent to @endymion , she also had it in her stash!
We love the same fabrics!

4 Likes

And I have no idea where it came from…probably a Joann fat quarter

2 Likes

I started piecing scraps together for a tote bag (I’ll be writing it up as a tutorial, hopefully).

10 Likes

Looking good! I just realized I only posted my progress picture over the weekend in the snapshot thread and I should probably post it here too.

All pieced together for my wall having. Still need to get the background and binding fabrics.

11 Likes

@photojenn and @tendstowardschaos those are so fun and colorful.

3 Likes

I can’t participate, since I already gave away most of my cotton scraps, but looking through the pictures in this thread makes me happy!
And since I have been ill for the last three weeks and recovery takes so loooooooong, I can really do with some happy! So, thanks everyone for sharing!

7 Likes

I received scraps from @mellybelly81 today!
Behold the assortment!

I love the yellow and green print in the upper left corner, as well as the flowers second on the second row, the little mushrooms and houses … they are all wonderful!

Thanks so much!

6 Likes

Those houses are adorable!

1 Like

Hi Friends! I just went through and did a batch of feedback for this swap. If all your envelopes have been received, you should be all set. It looks like we are just missing 5 envelopes, all going to either @Immaculata and @mellybelly81. I’m sure they’re just slow as they are going international from their respective countries. Please take a look though and make sure I haven’t missed marking down anything that has in fact arrived. Thank you!

4 Likes

I forgot to post the pictures of what I got from @MistressJennie , even though they were the first ones I received!

I love the Halloween fabrics, although the last one in the top row is a bit scary to me! lol

I’ll have to do something fun with those! Also…look at the beautiful batiks!

6 Likes

I received from @mellybelly81 today!! Will post tomorrow.
I thought I had received all of them now but I see in the first post that I didn’t confirm receipt from @marionberries and @photojenn . I think I had them and had already posted them and everything, but I’ll double check tomorrow. My brain is recovering from Covid and I still struggle to think (nothing serious but don’t ask me what mail I have received or whether I did laundry!).

4 Likes

My final package arrived today! The envelope was pretty crushed but the insides were good!

Thanks, @Immaculata , for the bonus of a cute beach themed stitched card!

I always love Halloween fabrics, but my favorite is the pink with the gray in the second row. It is hard to see, but the white is actually printed white on white. You also have the nicest Christmas fabrics.

7 Likes

I think that pink and gray brush strokes fabric was a favourite of many people! I used it together with the pink one in the top row and a grey fabric I apparantly didn’t send to you.

I received from @mellybelly81 !

Look at all those extra’s! Lots of Christmas multiples and a few larger pieces of fabric too. I think my favourite one is the leaf fabric in the top right corner. It reminds me of Orla Kiely wallpaper.

Also, I went back and checked and it looks like I did post everything I received. There was some confusion about what I’d received. If it’s in this thread, I’ve received, 8 in total.

4 Likes

I’m starting to think my envelope to Immaculata got lost in the mail :frowning:

Do you remember including a particular fabric or card with your envelope? If you do I could have a look.

I did take pictures of the contents of each envelope as soon as I opened them and I posted all those pictures. But if you remember something very particular I’ll have a look through the fabrics and see if my Covid-influenced brain somehow opened up the envelope and put the fabrics away without posting / taking a picture.

The card would have looked similar to the one in this post. I didn’t take a picture of the scraps but there was heavy overlap between all of the sets I sent.

1 Like

I’m so sorry, here it is!! I’m sorry for the confusion. I took pictures of 8, I thought I’d also posted 8, but it seems I actually posted 7 and this is #8. I immediately recognized the card and the cute bird fabric, I knew I had received those as well!!! I’m actually way too confused to figure out if I’m still missing one or not and whose envelope that would be. I never thought that keeping track of a few envelopes would be such a challenge.

5 Likes

Yay I’m glad it arrived! And no worries about any confusion, there was a lot to keep track of in this swap :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the post modern print and color of the leaves pattern on the top row, right!

And the little owls Jenn sent you! The card is great and something I am going to remember when making cards! So simple yet so cute!

Now that I have everyone’s fabrics, time to look for something to make…I think I know what it is and will start it this weekend!

2 Likes

I was looking for an easy way to see all of the images I had posted in the gallery and I stumbled across this feature. I clicked on my profile picture in one of my replies and saw this button. It filtered the topic so I only saw what I had posted. Posting incase anyone else was like me and didn’t know it was there!

3 Likes