COMPLETED - Scrappy Mail Fabric Swap - Round 2

Ok, I just added you to a PM thread with the new member.

3 Likes

I’ll also send…more for me…er, more to share! :joy:

3 Likes

I’ll swap with them!

2 Likes

Just added you into that thread!

2 Likes

I didn’t have much time to dig through my fabric stash this afternoon, but I did carve out a few minutes to trim down a ton of offcut triangles from my memory quilts into Mini Charms. I believe I have 70+ of the white/grey faux Grunge Mini Charms now. I also managed to pull out some smaller chunks I plan to dice up, and some leftover 2.5” strips.

3 Likes

I’m spending my pre work time rummaging thru the pre cut scraps and the random scraps and the wall of fabric trying to find the right and perfect bits for everyone.

I’m not sure about anyone else, but I am not a pre-washer. is that a problem?

3 Likes

I also don’t pre-wash.

3 Likes

Neither do I. Quality quilting cottons really don’t need it.

4 Likes

I’m okay with pre-washed or not. I tend to pre-wash everything, though, except small pre-cuts.

1 Like

I remember why I stopped swapping.

Restraint is not my watchword. I found so many cool fabrics I want you all to have! :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Word.

2 Likes

I already have some scraps pulled out, but I’m going to start packing them up this weekend.

3 Likes

My goal for tomorrow is to put together a doc of everyone and their preferences then do a first pass at my fabric stash.

3 Likes

I have divided everyone into those I have swapped with last round and those I have not. I truly am trying not to do repeats, but some might sneak through!

I have lots of new fabrics that I really only need about 1/4 yard but had to buy a full yard, so that will probably also be included in the new batches.

I still have tons of scraps to cut the mini charms. I look forward to playing in my fabric stash for this swap!

6 Likes

So I’m the only one who is packaging tomorrow when my new notecards come?

I don’t have a problem…

7 Likes

I need to make some time tomorrow to make a chart like @photojenn, and then sort through my scraps.

That’s a good point, @AIMR … I think I have photos of what I sent last round and I’d also like to avoid sending duplicates.

3 Likes

I’m not packaging up today but only because I was busy wrapping up another swap. I definitely evaluated fabric at the same time. This is going to be difficult, so many choices…

1 Like

The hardest part about this swap is not saying “it’s ok, you can send me extra squares I won’t tell anyone” :wink::joy:

5 Likes

I heard that.

4 Likes

I pulled out my 2.5” squares and laid them all out in color order before cutting more scraps yesterday, into both 5” and 2.5” pieces. Then I took a sheet of scrap paper for each partner and wrote their name at the top, followed by what size squares they wanted, then likes, then a big thick line, with dislikes below. I just have to remember to add who I swapped with last time, so I can try to avoid repeats. Then I can just pick up a piece of paper and ‘shop’ through the scraps to fill each person’s envelope.

7 Likes