Copy Paste, Needle & Wet Felted Necklace

Those color are so regal! I love chunky jewelry. This is perfect.

1 Like

Gasp!! Absolute fave. :blue_heart: :green_heart:

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Wow! So striking in proportions and colors!

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

Ooooh! That is stunning!

2 Likes

Incredible, wow! The colours are super yummy.

1 Like

Ooh. I love the embroidered details on the beads.

1 Like

Thank you VERY much!

This sort of piece is very labor intensive. There is a way I might be able to cut the amount of labor down, but I will have to do experiments to verify that would work “as well”.
I like the feel of these necklaces and expect that I will do more, but not right away!

I need to test out a polymer clay tool that I purchased to replace a tool lost in the fire and no longer available. I’m using the tool on fiber. Hope it works. If it does, you’ll be seeing the results before too long! :wink:

1 Like

Hey @Harlan, there’s a needers and givers sort of giftalong topic started, maybe you’d consider posting the sort of tools you used to have there in case one of us has something similar, or knows of something similar. Chances are good!

1 Like

Thanks! I will do that!

I’m also considering contacting the students that took the class that used the lost tool to see if any of them still have it and would be willing to sell it to me.

This is the tool: bicone roller

And this is what I used it for:

3 Likes

I can’t quite tell on my phone what that looks like but it seems to be polymer clay? Now that could be remade for sure!

The tool is meant for polymer clay. I used it for fiber. This is a different photo of the tool - hard to find photos because it is no longer available anywhere and you can’t see much of the tool.
bicone roller 2

I’ve found a bicone (they call it diamond) roller, but it isn’t as good as the one pictured which allows you to make many different sizes from the one tool. Having now used the “replacement” tool I purchased it doesn’t work well and I had to modify it to get it to work with fiber, it can only do 3 sizes two of which I probably will never have a use for.

I’m not sure that I would be making a lot of these bicone beads for my present work. Primarily I was trying to find a replace for the tool so that my tutorial would still be relevant. On the other hand, being able to make good bicone beads to finish off a piece could be useful. I’m still thinking about it and if I decide that I really need it, will try contacting the students that took that class.

It’s hard to tell from the picture, but maybe it would be possible to 3D print something like it?

1 Like

Great idea! My coworker just saved us $100 3-D printing 2 replacement knobs for the dryer. 3-D printing is awesome!

Another gorgeous necklace!

1 Like

It would be great to just be able to do that, but you have to have the CAD file to be able to do 3D printing and while it may appear to be a pretty straight forward gadget, the base comes apart and can be put back together in different ways in order to change the size of the bicone bead produced.

So I’d love to be able to 3D print it, but I don’t have the ability to make up the file necessary to tell the printer what to do.

Currently son and I are working on 3D printing my needle felting tools. We’ve just about got that right. We just need it to be a little warmer because the 3D printer is on the porch because of the fumes and it doesn’t print well when it is cold.

I thought it might be a bit more complex, couldn’t tell from the picture.
I’m in a different corner of the world, so I’ll keep my eyes open, in case I come across one of these.

1 Like

:boom: YOWZA! :boom: Your wondrous craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

HURRAH!! :smiley: :smiley:
Thanks!!!

1 Like