Copying a bag

I love this bag but I couldn’t find one on my last trip to Japan and all the online retailers have INSANE prices OR just don’t have this specific bag.

Looks like it is essentially a tote bag with a BUNCH of pockets. I have a vague idea of how it should be made but wonder if any of you fabulous crafters have an idea of where to start for a pattern?

3 Likes

@Dfabbric tests a lot of bag patterns, maybe she’s got a suggestion for something similar…

1 Like

excellent suggestion! thanks!

1 Like

I think @gozer has a bag pattern subscription, wasn’t there a user by the name of hat&bag lady at the old place too?

1 Like

You can try checking patterns on Etsy. I cant think of one exactly like this, but i am sure there are ones that are close you can modify.

1 Like

Possibly an insulated lunch bag pattern or tech bag pattern

1 Like

There are a ton of bag designers, but I have seen so many patterns and tend to ignore tote bags they arent my style.
Sew Sweetness, Blue Calla patterns, Andrie Designs and ChrisW Designs all have tote bags. And some of them have purse organizer inserts or pocket add ons.
These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head there’s another 10+ I could probably suggest if these dont work.

1 Like