Coraline’s Pink Palace

This has been a labor of love for the last few months, but I’m thrilled that it’s finally complete (ish. Is any project ever really done?).

I used a kit to make the house (it was laser-cut balsa) and a ton of superglue. Once assembled, I primed it with white and then painted it/aged it with acrylic. The lattice around the porches is made of plastic needlepoint canvas, the white trim around the base of the house is painted flat, wooden coffee stirrers, and the rocky base is tiny crushed gravel. All either superglued or white glued on.

I am very proud of my tiny lanterns and the kinda-glass effect of the greenhouse. I made the lanterns with some thick jewelry wire and sculpy (and just sewed the “lantern shade” to the wire). I am no decorative painter at all-so the glass is about as good as I’m gonna get it.

It needs Bobinsky’s flag and I’m in the middle of making some tiny wreaths out of pipe cleaners and embroidery thread for Christmas decorations, but I’m happy with it. Once the holidays are over I’m going to start another house (maybe). :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Oh my goodness! This makes me insanely happy!

2 Likes

This. Is. SO AWESOME! I love the creative use of materials and they special paint techniques!

1 Like

What a lot of fun, and a lot of work!

1 Like

Wow! Amazing! It looks fabulous!

1 Like

This is awesome!

1 Like

I love this!!

1 Like

Wow!!! So many tiny pieces and details. I love the rock along the foundation. Another success in the books!

1 Like

Wowza. That looks like it was a lot of work. It’s so intricate and beautiful. I love that you painted it pink too.

2 Likes

What a labor of love!

1 Like

What a stunning amount of work this obviously was, wow. Well done!

1 Like

Wow! This thing looks amazing! Was the kit originally supposed to be Coraline’s house? I love Coraline the movie but the book utterly freaked me out as a kid! The movie is much less creepy.

1 Like

Love it! I’ve had a similar house I’ve been wanting to make haunted for years, and this may be my inspiration for finally getting it done!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Coraline’s Pink Palace is one of this week’s featured projects. You are amazing!

1 Like

You did an impressive and wonderful job!

1 Like

Amazing!

1 Like

What a gorgeous little labor of love!

1 Like

Great googaly moogaly that’s a lot of pieces! You knocked it outta the park!

1 Like

Such a cool little house! Great job at assembling it

1 Like