Corner 2 Corner baby-ghan

Finally finished this rainbow blankie just in time for a visit with cousins who have a lovely squishy adorable new baby!

I’m pleased with how this new-to-me stitch turned out, the edges are VERY straight!

It’s Lion Brand Mandala in Chimera, the colours are so great.

Here it is with a card my nephew made, lol. Kids are weird.

32 Likes

I love the colors and the gradation! I also like how the bands of color are all varying sizes. I just keep going back and looking at that second picture, it holds so much visual interest for me.

3 Likes

That is gorgeous!

2 Likes

Beautiful! :rainbow:

2 Likes

It is really cool how the variegation is randow so the stripes do all sorts of things, I quite like that too. I made a virus shawl with this same yarn once, very pretty in that stitch.

2 Likes

Beautiful! And love the card addition lol! :laughing:

2 Likes

Love how this came out! And that you got it finished, I know you and the blanket have been companions for a long time. Well done!

ETA: I still need to learn the C2C method. It is so nice looking and I’ve been putting it off too long.

2 Likes

Squishy babes are the best!

1 Like

So pretty! What stitch is it? I love the card, too!
:smile:

2 Likes

It’s corner 2 corner, just basic doubles with a twist. Easy!

2 Likes

It may just be a basic stitch, but the end result is so elegant. It really shows off that variegated yarn nicely, too. Nice work!

2 Likes

Oh, wow! Didn’t realize that “corner to corner” WAS the stitch! :laughing: I crochet, but have never tried that one. It really does look fabulous with such even edges, and the colors are luscious!

2 Likes

Oh, thats so beautiful! Love the colours !
I crochet too, but never tried C2C stich ( yet) this made me tempted to try .

2 Likes

I love the colors you chose.

2 Likes

Very pretty!!

2 Likes

This is beautiful!

2 Likes

Had to go back and look again. This yarn is so beautiful!
But let me see if i understood this
Lion Brand Mandala in Chimera, right? Mandala in chimera is the name of this exact colour? I would dislike it if i ordered online and got it wrong. I wish we had Lion Brand here too.

2 Likes

Colors are so pretty and that stitch is incredible. I don’t so anything yarn but it looks impressive.

2 Likes

That’s correct! Where in the world are you, Ms Lime?

1 Like

I live in Norway, magpie

1 Like