Corner Lot Wedding Quilt

This was made in 2017, for my friend Vicky’s wedding. (Previously posted on Deadster.) The pattern is called Corner Lot. I bought it as a kit on Craftsy/Blueprint. It came with 2 layer cakes of 10" precut squares, a yard of binding, and 4 yards of backing. While I LOVE the finished quilt, I wasn’t impressed with the pattern writing. The binding they sent was a stripe, and I improvised and cut it on the cross grain, so I could show the stripes to their best advantage.

Because some of the squares are white, and some are very pale pink & mint, I went with a white batting. The only white that Joann’s had in stock with a 1/16" thickness, so it’s a fairly thin quilt, but being all cotton it should hold up to washing and drying on high heat.

The pattern had me make 3 more blocks than were used in the quilt top, so I recently turned them into potholders for Vicky. You can see them here:

14 Likes

That quilt is stunning! Bravo :smiley:

1 Like

With Blueprint just announcing that they are going out of business, I’m so tempted to pick up another quilt kit or two, or some fabric precuts. I loved the fabrics.

Well, scratch that. Looks like they already stopped taking orders.

I like the colors and the pattern is very cute. I think Villa Rosa has a similar design so I might have to pick up one of those and make it now! I like the pink/coral and teal colors.

1 Like

Totally gorgeous! That pattern is very cool.

1 Like

That is beautiful. I love the colour palette

1 Like

Very pretty! I really like the colors.

1 Like

That’s a gorgeous quilt!

1 Like

This is a fantastic quilt!

1 Like

And I’m back with more… I really dig how it’s both traditional-ish and also quite modern-seeming.

1 Like

This is beautiful! I really love the colors.

It’s really pretty; I bet Vicky loved it. Good thinking cutting the binding on the cross grain for more stripey goodness!