Cottage Cross Stitch 🏡

I haven’t cross stitched in quite some time but toward the end of January I had quite the craving for it. Since I’ve been out of the game for a while I started small - ish. I am hooked again after finishing this and am stitching up a storm!!

Size: around 4x6 inches
Fabric: 14 ct Aida
Pattern: “Cute Cottage” by Tiny Modernist ([https://www.etsy.com/listing/175921475/modern-cross-stitch-cute-cottage-cross])
Fun Factor: Worked up quick and oh-so-cute! Also, as I was working on it my two-year-old found it very entertaining to point out the little birds and “knock” on the door. :rofl:
Changes: I didn’t use the suggested colors and just pulled from my stash. I also changed the “roots” of the bottom two flowers to our last name. :yellow_heart:

25 Likes

This is very pretty! I like the colors you chose.

1 Like

That is adorable and great idea to use your last name on it.

1 Like

Beautiful! I love that you personalized it too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tweaking colours etc. on a pattern really makes it your own. That’s lovely!

1 Like

Cross stitching is haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaardddd worrrrkkkkkkkk.

You did a great job!
:metal:

1 Like

Very pretty!

1 Like

Very pretty! I haven’t cross stitched in ages either. You picked a lovely piece to get back into it!

1 Like

Looks excellent!

I love seeing which colors people use with patterns vs just the suggested ones. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really love this. The colors are perfect and the last name addition is charming. Great choice of pattern, i’m sure this will be cherished.

1 Like

Adorable! Love the personalization, too!

1 Like

Love the pattern and your edits! The thought of your little one knocking on the door is just precious :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

It was so, so cute! I have memories of my mom crafting from when I was young and it makes me smile that my kids will have the same. I still remember specific projects she worked on from when I was little.

Lovely and good color choices

1 Like

What a fun and lovely little house you stitched up! Great job! :orange_heart:

1 Like

This is darn cute! Love the colours you chose.

1 Like

Love the personalization!

1 Like

So charming! Nice little project; good outcome from your craft craving!

1 Like

Yahoo! You are one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

1 Like

Congrats on being featured!

1 Like