Cotton Dish Cloths

I like the idea of using jute, it would biodegrade the best. It sure would be terrible on your hands though, good thing it’s a small project!

1 Like

These are my favorite!!

2 Likes

It’s great that you can reuse something :smiley: and then being able to compost it afterwards. And they are really colourful! so pretty

1 Like

I just made 5 tulle scrubbies- 3 on Christmas morning, and 2 more a couple of days later. And yet, I myself do not have one!

@calluna, I love making dish cloths! But, I haven’t made one in a while because I now use the drawer (I have 2 drawers in my kitchen) they were kept in for another purpose. They’re not as handy, so I’ve gone back to using sponges. I’ll have to find a solution for that. I never thought about them being compostable! I’ll have to set up a serious compost bin once the weather is better. I have a worm bin in my kitchen, but it’s seriously neglected…

2 Likes

If you get a rigid heddle you could weave yourself some washcloths. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Hey @motherof3invancouver, welcome fellow Canuck! There are a few of us here, there will likely be some Canadian swaps and meet ups so I hope you’ll stick around :blush:

1 Like

I have one! It has a scarf in (very long) progress on it right now. I never thought about making dishcloths on it. What a great idea! Extra motivation for me to finish my scarf :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For a while I had more counter space than drawer space and I kept my dishcloths and some unpaper towels folded up in a nice little basket on the counter. Very convenient.

1 Like

I have about a foot of counter space, and one set of cabinets… my kitchen is very non-functional… :crazy_face:

1 Like

wow thanks,very cool!
i was looking for some organic clothes for my kids , they are allergic to synthetics

1 Like