Cotton duck projects?

What’s everyone’s favourite things to make with cotton duck? I found a piece of Buzoku cotton with pink, orange and green citrus print at my aunty’s when I was helping my cousin clean out her craft room. It’s about 1.5m and a full selvedge width (112cm).

I know that print would make fun cushions, but I was wondering about its use for clothing? Skirts? Shorts?

1 Like

3 Likes

Heavier fabric could be good for a vest or a hat or something where you want a bit more structure.

2 Likes

cute print!
it would make a distinctive duffel or garment bag (or maybe both)

2 Likes

A delightful print! I especially love the pink grapefruit slices! I wonder if this duck cloth is similar in weight to a heavy-ish denim? I can see it as a cute above-the-knee, straight skirt… I’m thinking of an Esprit one I had in the mid/late 80s!

3 Likes

I like that stiff stuff for baskets, aprons, and shopping totes. It’s very sturdy. That print is adorable too.

3 Likes

Tote bag is the first thing that comes to my mind.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! All great ideas.

I love the idea of an apron, but full disclosure I do have an apron problem. Lol
I could see it protecting and complementing a cute summer outfit when hosting an outdoor cookout/drinks party.

2 Likes

Oh! Appliance covers! Like the blender and such, if you keep those on a counter and want to have them tidier looking when not in use.

3 Likes