Countdown to Christmas boards

I made two countdown to Christmas boards. The first I made for my sister, @QueenHobo, as a trial run. I’d only burned a few small ornaments before this, so I wanted to be sure it would look like I expected. The second board I made for @gozer in the Winter Holiday Decor Swap.

I bought two boards at the store. I found a bunch of Christmas fonts online and used some to design the words I wanted to burn. I also picked up some carbon paper to transfer the images to the board, then got to burning.

Once I burned the reindeer and “days 'til” on the board, I burned the outline for Christmas and painted the inside of Christmas red. I had to burn around the edges of Christmas one more time once the paint was dry, and I was super pleased with the result. Then I glued on a cute little bit of decor I found at the craft store and a chalkboard card, and voila!

Here is gozer’s board:

And QueenHobo’s:

14 Likes

These are so charming!

1 Like

Get outta town! These kick major butt!

1 Like

So sweet! Love the rustic feel.

1 Like

Love this. Now I want a count down to 2021 board.

1 Like

So sweet! Love the little reindeer.

1 Like

I’ve always wanted a countdown board! I love it so much.This is already hanging up in my house. This weekend, the countdown will begin!!!
PS. I see that Pierre the Snowman and the little mouse are in the pic. They are fantastic!

1 Like