When planning this Christmas gift for my stepmom, I asked my dad to sneakily measure her ereader so this case would fit exactly. The only issue ended up being… he didn’t realize he was measuring the case she already had on it! So now it’s double-cased, this one being more padded and decorative.
I didn’t have any black or green elastic, so I sewed a fabric tube the length of its maximum stretch and threaded it though. I actually like the effect more than a plain elastic! The outer fabric is barkcloth, and the inner is quilting cotton.
Inside, she can position the ereader so the corner tabs hold it in place, or she can tuck it in the pocket for travel protection.
I used this tutorial from whipstitch and it was very easy to follow! In the comments, some folks have posted adjusted measurements for specific devices. I used those to guess how I should adjust given I didn’t know which brand/model I was working for.