Cow Painting

This cow was painted for an event - a museum asked people to paint a specific cow paint-by-number for an exhibit they were creating. Their only rules were: it needs to look like a cow & no using meat or glitter. So I added a couple things inspired by a favorite video game series (Nancy Drew games). :mag:

(the top of the spaceship glows in the dark!)

This is the first paint-by-number Iโ€™ve finished & itโ€™s not perfect, but I had fun making it!

Some in-progress pictures:

20 Likes

I love the spaceship! :green_heart: I think you achieved all three goals :star: Iโ€™m a little disturbed that they felt the need to specify no using meat :grimacing:

6 Likes

What an interesting concept for an exhibit. Love your personal touches. It definitely looks like a real cow!

5 Likes

Very cool! What a neat idea!

Your interpretation is very cool. Iโ€™d love to see this exhibit- I bet it would be a hoot!

3 Likes

That looks amazing! Is there some way we can see all the paintings? So cool.

3 Likes

That sounds like fun, and now I want to see the rest of the exhibit!

3 Likes

What a fun image! Love your additions. You did an amazing job painting it!

3 Likes

This is great and I love your added special touches! I love the glow in the dark effect for the spaceship. Itโ€™s all about those details, isnโ€™t it!?!?

3 Likes

:tulip: :boom: Ah-MAY-zing! Your cow painting is one of this weekโ€™s featured projects! :boom: :tulip:

3 Likes

lol hilarious.

great job!

3 Likes

Thank you!! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thank you all! :smiley:

For anyone interested, you should be able to see all the cows here on June 2: COW, Your Paint-by-Number Art Exhibit

They posted a few on their facebook page here: sneak peak

4 Likes

This is so neat. Love the spaceship. Its cool and doesnโ€™t overpower the cow.

4 Likes

It looks like it totally belongs there! At first glance it looked a bit like an insect, and as anyone whoโ€™s ever been near a cow will know, theyโ€™re always surrounded by flies.

2 Likes

I love the little touches you added to make this your own!

2 Likes

How fun, it looks really cool! Your additions are great!

2 Likes

For anyone interested, the cow exhibit is up!

An article about it:

4 Likes

I remember seeing your IP pics. This turned out great! The UFO makes me giggle.

2 Likes