Crackle Raku

I made this little collection last year sometime. I gift most of my pieces away, but we still have this set in our home.

@sweets4ever had just gotten me this book and I was inspired by a vessel shape within it.

I used WS-5 clay by Laguna. It’s a white clay body. And then I applied clear crackle glaze over it. The black you see is from the smoke and fire. :fire:

15 Likes

Mmm, the crackle is just so beautiful. I really like the black necks as well. The texture is the perfect touch.

3 Likes

love hearts
I’m in love with these! First time I’ve seen smoke and fire be so beautiful

3 Likes

Love the shapes of these. The black and white crackle effect just looks so classy.

2 Likes

Beautiful. Love the crackle effect.

2 Likes

You make magic!
And beautiful vases and pots and whatnot!

2 Likes

Really pleasing shapes on these! I love how the clear glaze lets the clay’s color do the work against the smokey crackle.

Many years ago I was lucky enough to participate in a couple of raku firings and wow is that a fun experience! Suspenseful and dramatic.

2 Likes

Raku. Sigh :heart:

2 Likes

You gift most of your stuff away? I bet you have a lot of friends.
These are so sophisticated and have a bold, yet soft feel ot them.

2 Likes

Beautiful shapes, so elegant. And the crackle looks lovely.

1 Like

These are stunning! I love the modern simplicity of the clean lines with the more vintage look from the crackle. The variety of texture is just gorgeous.

When I read Crackle Raku, I have to tell you that I immediately read Cracku because I need coffee.

2 Likes

:star_struck:

Amazing! What gorgeous vessels!

1 Like

I love love love a crackle glaze! :heart_eyes: Excellent shapes on these pieces and I especially love the black “rings” on the two!

1 Like

“Cracku” :rofl::rofl::rofl: that’s hilarious!
I will forever refer to this glaze as Cracku. Thanks for coining a new term :sweat_smile: