Craft Stars Garage Sale Round 2 - Info & Discussion Thread

YES!!! :green_heart: :green_heart:

8 Likes

That was fast! I didn’t even know he was up. Thank you for snagging him :slightly_smiling_face:.

6 Likes

I like your point of view. :heart:

7 Likes

Oh man! I really wanted that monster!!

8 Likes

Me too! I’ve been waiting for him to get posted :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Announcement about the Garage Sale…

Since we last did this, eBay has changed a few rules, to protect buyers from unscrupulous sellers. One of the changes is that if eBay can’t confirm delivery by using tracking numbers (or relying on buyers to go in and manually mark an item as ‘received’), then they don’t release funds to the seller.

For our fundraiser, this is a bit of a hurdle. eBay assumes that all the items that I am selling, are with me in Champaign, IL, and will be shipped from here. Makes sense. Since we’re using their platform for our very specific fundraiser, all the items aren’t actually with me. Some are in other countries, whose postals systems might use different tracking, or no tracking. Right now I’m going in and manually entering tracking numbers and marking items as shipped. But for some items, that’s not possible. So far I have had to mail one dummy package, to give eBay something to track, so LC will get the funds from that sale.

(Someone is going to be getting one of Magpie’s awesome baskets, AND one of my rabbit lino prints. :laughing:)

In order to avoid this problem we’re going to change how we list items that are in countries outside the US, and items so very thin and light, that they’re mailed in a greeting card. We will doing something that’s like a cross between a Facebook Live Sale, and a Craft Swap.

:point_right: For people donating, rules remain the same. Just email me the photos and details.

I will post those items here in the thread, complete with photos, details, and price. (I will include some sort of emoji Header, so people know it’s a listing, and not just sharing random pics of things to come.) The first person to reply ‘Sold’ with the item name, gets it. They will need to send me their email address, and I will send an invoice via PayPal for the cost. They will have 3 days from when I send the invoice to pay it. If for some reason they cannot, or need to back out, I will then reopen the listing here.

The person who donated the item will then have 3 days (after payment) to ship the item out, and send me any tracking info they do have (obviously this doesn’t work for greeting cards). I will watch these items they way we would for any craft swap, and buyers will need to let me know they received. They can do that right here in the thread, or via email or PM.

Finally, I will also post a link to the items for sale, at the bottom of the first post in this thread, so folks can easily see what is available. When it’s been sold, I’ll remove the link, and edit the post to say it sold.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

18 Likes

I’m starting by moving our existing international listings over here…

:sparkles: :heart: :rainbow: :star_struck: :package: :sparkles: :heart: :rainbow: :star_struck: :package: :sparkles: :heart: :rainbow: :star_struck: :package: :sparkles: :heart: :rainbow: :star_struck: :package: :sparkles: :heart: :rainbow: :star_struck: :package: :sparkles: :heart: :rainbow: :star_struck: :package: :sparkles:

Handmade Crochet Seaweed Cotton Shawl
Price: $30

This listing is for one cotton Crochet Seaweed Shawl (Pattern by Scheepjes) Made from cotton yarn from Drops, muskat. Colour is mint uni colour 03 and light mint uni colour 20. (Please Note: Pictures looks more blue, it is hard to capture the colour. More green, a pretty mint colour.) The light mint is used at the ends and in the middle. There are little beads at the end and on the last row of stitches. Made by wendiek.

The shawl is approximately 183 - 50 cm. Has been worn a few times, but it is still a beauty and it doesn’t show wear and tear. All washed and ready for a new owner.

Ships worldwide from the Netherlands.

12 Likes

:sparkles: :heart: :rainbow: :star_struck: :package: :sparkles: :heart: :rainbow: :star_struck: :package: :sparkles: :heart: :rainbow: :star_struck: :package: :sparkles: :heart: :rainbow: :star_struck: :package: :sparkles: :heart: :rainbow: :star_struck: :package: :sparkles: :heart: :rainbow: :star_struck: :package: :sparkles:

Scrappy Quilted Log Cabin Trivets
Price $19

This listing is for 2 Scrappy Quilted Log Cabin Trivets (or Potholders), made by Magpie. Each is made with all new materials, and has a thing layer of batting for heat resistance. They measure 6.5" square. Ships worldwide from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

10 Likes

Set of 4 Scrappy Quilted Log Cabin Oversize Coasters
Price $19

This listing is for a set of 4 Scrappy Quilted Log Cabin Oversized Coasters, made by Magpie. Each is made with all new materials, and has a thing layer of batting for heat resistance. They measure 5" square.
Ships worldwide from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

10 Likes

Why did I send you a photo of 3 coasters? Lol, my brains :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Thank you!

:kissing_heart:

5 Likes

:stop_sign: SOLD!!!
Blue Monster Tote Bag
Price $35

This listing is for a cloth bags featuring a @Kwality570 monster design, made by Magpie. Lined, with pockets.
Ships worldwide from Ontario, Canada.

13 Likes

Kwality is getting all the collab love! Such a cute tote and so darn tempting.

10 Likes

@Magpie are you shipping worldwide ? Or is everything you listed here sent worldwide @MistressJennie ?

3 Likes

The four items currently listed here all ship worldwide. I had copied and pasted from their eBay listings before removing them, and forgot to add that in, since the listings were just set to where they’d ship to.

5 Likes

Just like in swaps, I will always send anywhere :love_letter:
The trick is only making flat things :smile:

9 Likes

Well, in that case the Blue Monster tote bag is sold! @MistressJennie

13 Likes

Awesome!

6 Likes

I was in doubt for a short period of time, because I always am when I’m about to buy something. But it’s a @Kwality570 design, a @Magpie bag, it even has pockets!! And it’s for a good cause. I’m sure it’s going to be amazing irl and that I’m going to use all the time.

Would anyone be interested in supplies? I have some Scheepjes ColourCrafter yarn in my stash. I just came across it and figured someone might want to buy it.

10 Likes

I received my fabric basket! Thank you, @Magpie! It’s going to hold extra fabric scraps as I’m sewing, unless I give it to my mom as a bday present… :thinking:

9 Likes