Craft Stars Garage Sale Round 2 - Info & Discussion Thread

Thank you. <3 When I have some time I’ll just make a post of all-the-things. lol Until then I need to drift through here a little every day and try to get caught up. lol

16 Likes

Glad to see you back again!! :smiley: There’ll be a lot to catch up on, but what a fun time that will be!! :smiley:

5 Likes

I was just looking at some of your magnets on my fridge the other day and thinking about you. Glad to see you back!

5 Likes

Yay! @artsycandice How nice to see your name! :orange_heart:

4 Likes

I wish I could participate…

But prices and documents needed to ship anything non-letter from over here in Belgium to the US or anywhere else outside of the EU have become too expensive and too much of a hassle for me.

Also, when I order from outside the EU (which since Brexit includes the UK, as I sometimes forget) I have to pay crazy amounts of customs fees.

For example: I recently bought six decks of small cards (Critical Thinking Cards and Creative Thinking Cards, from the schoolofthought.org, a US company, but shipped from the nearby UK) and had to pay 36 euros customs fees! Ouch! Four of them were for donating in our Little Free Library. I hope they went to very appreciative homes…

So, with pain in my heart, I won’t take part.
I made a donation instead.

13 Likes

I seem to remember that last time a few things were for sale for EU only. @MistressJennie would that be allowed this time around?

I don’t mind shipping internationally myself (I’m making a couple of things that will be cheap to mail) but if there’s a group of people in the EU who all prefer to buy / send within the EU, we could have a couple of EU-only listings - I’m assuming there will be US-only listings as well

5 Likes

I came across a piece of your weaving this week that had gotten lost under something. I’ve decided to mount it on the wall to admire it. And to help remind me to check in here again. :smiley:

6 Likes

@FiredGinkgo and I are working on some auction items today! :heart: :heart:

7 Likes

Wow, that is wild! :sob:

Thank you so much!!

5 Likes

I’m working on a gouache art piece for the auction tonight. It’s 5"x7" so it can be mailed regular letter post for international folks.

I’m also planning on making some bookmarks which can go letter post as well.

8 Likes

Eye shadows and blush can be used to color resin, and on doll faces. Probably lots of other crafty uses, too.

4 Likes

I know the feeling
and even when shippend as parcel with tracking 1/3 get lost and letting Bpost admit they made an error is almost impossible

4 Likes

Good question @Immaculata. I would say yes, but with conditions. To list something (even if it doesn’t sell) I will incur a fee from eBay. I need to be sure that most items will sell, so we aren’t wasting money on extra fees. If an item can only be shipped within the EU, where we have a limited number of members, that will greatly limit who is willing to buy it. In order to list such a limited item, I would want to be sure it was going to sell.

Therefore I’d say if European members have items they want to donate but can only ship within the EU, then they should post the item here in this thread, and find a committed buyer here. If I have those two things paired up, I’ll list them item, and that person can then go purchase it. But if there are no takers in this thread, I won’t list it on eBay.

Sound fair?

11 Likes

Opinions needed. I’m going to donate these three bookmarks (as a set) to the garage sale. Should I add a ribbon cluster (where a tassel would normally go at the top) or leave as is?

The bookmarks:

The ribbon (I’d do three or more ribbons per bookmark):

I feel like the blue bookmark needs a ribbon cluster to balance the gold decoration at the bottom, but the other two could stand on their own.

7 Likes

Thanks, that sounds like a good solution! I don’t typically use eBay so I had no idea that just listing something wasn’t free.

2 Likes

I personally like a ribbon on top. The bookmark can go all the way into your book, leaving the ribbon out. That way the bookmark won’t easily wrinkle but you can still easily find the right page. Oh and I like the ribbon you will use :blush:

4 Likes

Oh, I love a good ribbon/extra flair. :sparkles:

4 Likes

3 votes for ribbon!

2 Likes

I tend to prefer no ribbon because I feel like dangly bits end up becoming tangly/frayed bits. Maybe I’m just hard on my bookmarks :laughing:.

But clearly both teams are represented here, so I don’t think there’s a wrong answer.

4 Likes

I didn’t finish another pot this weekend, but I did finish a gouache painting to donate.

Hopefully I can get anothe mini planting pot or two done in the evenings this week.

29 Likes