I so love this very much.

3 Likes

Wow, this is great!

2 Likes

this is really cool!

2 Likes

How lovely!

2 Likes

I wasn’t going to do this for 2024, then I had a change of heart and decided to add something. Even if only a few people do it, I hope it inspires more. I felt this one was a little different.

26 Likes

Lovely. Perfect day for it too, it seems to be snowing everywhere today.

3 Likes

Except here. All we seem to be getting in my part of Ohio is rain. But, yes, lovely lovely picture. I’m gonna try really hard to make my version. I always have good intentions…

3 Likes

That picture looks so peaceful. Even though I haven’t participated as much as I’d like, I’m glad you’re going to continue this. :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

I’m so happy that @Bunny1kenobi replied because it reminded me about this.

I decided to paint over an older 11x14 inch pour painting while leaving some of it shown to create my piece. Let’s work in reverse so you can see it in stages.

My finished piece:

With some background paint and beginning to layer trees:

The pour painting (in poor lighting):

I’m really happy with how it turned out!

19 Likes

Love how you took one piece of art and made another!

2 Likes

Beautiful layering! Thanks for sharing the progress shots.

2 Likes

Love the peek at the process with all those layers! Beautiful colors

2 Likes

I think this might be one of my favorite pieces from you, @Lynx !

4 Likes

What a good idea, all the layering gives your painting a lot of depth and atmosphere!

2 Likes

Thanks for the inspiration @gozer !

I haven’t been so good at participating in this Craftalong lately, but I’d like to do more. I’ve been trying to make myself do quick practice pieces regularly, instead of spending so much time just thinking (overthinking) about potential projects.

I did my own thing in watercolours this morning, inspired by this piece, but changing several things.

22 Likes

A church in the snow is always lovely to see! Love how each can stand alone, but still be a lovely diptych!

4 Likes

Oh, I really like how you changed it up and made it two pieces that compliment each other so well.

3 Likes

Beautiful! The colors, the serenity…. Love them each and together!

3 Likes

I love the shape of your trees and those glowy windows!

4 Likes