Craft This In Your Style - LC Edition

You may have seen “draw this in your style” on IG and other places. You take a piece of art and you redraw it in your own style. I have always thought it looked fun and I love seeing all the different interpretations of the original.
I thought we could bring it here to LC. Instead of the traditional “Draw” it will be a “Craft” in your style. Thanks for this suggestion @steiconi. All styles and talent levels are welcome to join in. The more the better. Don’t be shy! You can draw, sculpt, weave, make an amigurumi, embroidery, the sky is the limit!
I am thinking we could add a new image each month. If you would like to suggest an art piece or have us use one of your own pieces (even cooler!) then drop me a line and we can try to make it happen.

MARCH
APRIL
MAY
JUNE
JULY
AUGUST
SEPTEMBER
OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
DECEMBER

JANUARY 2023
FEBRUARY 2023
MARCH - MONSTER JAM 2023
APRIL 2023
MAY 2023
AUGUST 2023
SEPTEMBER 2023
OCTOBER 2023
NOVEMBER 2023

JANUARY
FEBRUARY
MARCH - MONSTER JAM SPECIAL

22 Likes

For the first one, we will do a poll to figure out what everyone wants to recreate. The poll will be open until Friday, the 11th, and will close around noon EST. I apologize for not knowing all the artworks correct titles or artists. Some were submitted without the information.
Here are your choices:
#1 Girl with rabbit by Benjamin Lacombe

#2 Cat in Car

#3 Mermaid

#4 Star Girl by L’agence Virginie
L'agence Virginie
#5 The Librarian Warrior

• Girl with Rabbit
  • Cat in Car
  • Mermaid
  • Star Girl
  • Librarian Warrior

0 voters

2 Likes

#5 is part of a meme, “The thing about shy girls.”

4 Likes

@geekybookworm this seems fun! You should check it out and vote! You’ve got a cool style!

4 Likes

Oh, I can.not wait to see what the amazing makers here come up with for this craft along! These first options are all so interesting and fun!

Would one need to craft each month to be considered to be participating in the Craftalong?

3 Likes

This sounds like so much fun!

4 Likes

I voted for one, but I’d be happy to have any of them for inspiration. Thanks for setting this up @gozer, it’s such a fun idea!

4 Likes

Just participate when you want. Im hoping to do a new image each month.

5 Likes

This sounds AMAZING!!!

3 Likes

I am so glad people seem interested! I can’t wait to start this. On Friday I will announce the winner and we can all start our versions. Since we are starting a little late in the month, March will be quicker than most months.

3 Likes

So fun! Glad you did a vote because it would be hard to choose one.

2 Likes

Yeah, it sounds like it could be fun!

2 Likes

Looks very fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We officially have a tie! How about we do the Cat in the Car for the rest of this month, and then April 1st we will switch to the Star Girl? Please, do not post anything for Star Girl until April.

7 Likes

March Craft this in your Style!

Use your own style and crafting medium to recreate this fun image!
Post up your creations here.

14 Likes

I got good progress done on an item for a swap, so I should be able to recreate this masterpiece next weekend. Is anyone else working or in the planning stages for this?

2 Likes

I’m busy with several swaps at the moment. Hoping to have time to play with it later this month. If not, it may be April before I can do it.

3 Likes

Working on something now!

1 Like

I have been having a think… but I have a few things going on for the next cpl of weeks, so not sure I’ll be able to make. Maybe I just start planning for Star Girl? :smile:

1 Like

I have thoughts, just deciding which method to try.

2 Likes