Craft This In Your Style - LC Edition

Really fits the theme!

4 Likes

Its absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing it!

4 Likes

Only Four days left! I am going to try to work on mine. Wish me luck.

3 Likes

Are we wanting to continue this?

2 Likes

I have been working on something for this month, but may not finish it… It has been fun for me. I always seem to be rushing to finish mine at the end of the month, but that is definitely a me-problem vs a challenge-problem.

2 Likes

I agree that I like the idea for this along. Some months are just busier than others. Currently work and life are both eating into my crafting time. I’ve notice the Stitchalong is not as active this month as well. Maybe others are in a similar boat? I like the idea of this still being here though when my resources to participate open back up.

5 Likes

I think a lot of people are “Summer-ing”. :green_heart: :heartpulse:

4 Likes

I’m staying home trying to escape all the 97 degree days and daily thunderstorms so I am good with continuing

7 Likes

Me too! One more day to draw a cool mermaid - I think I can make that happen!

I hope…

3 Likes

What if you did a “status report” post at the end of the month and everyone who played around with the theme showcased where they ended up? It might be motivating to know that whatever one managed to eek out even in a busy month was worthy of report. (And it might encourage folks to allow for a little more crafty self-care time, too.) I know there was a prize element, you could let it include every participant or you could reserve prize raffle “tickets” for those who complete.
Just a thought.

6 Likes

We do have a raffle. If we get 10 participants than i put everyones name in for a drawing. :heart:

1 Like

I just meant that if you were uncomfortable allowing “partially done” projects to be valid for the prize mentioned in the first post you could limit the raffle to “finished projects only” while still inviting more show-and-tell posts by people playing along on your prompt for the month but who didn’t finish.
Feel free to ignore me, I’m all stressed out and sleep deprived so I may not be making total sense. I love visiting this thread and sort of jumped into the conversation.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

If someone want to post an incomplete peice I am cool with that.

2 Likes

I like the color palette for this month’s image, but my resident mini-me artist works mostly in pencil.
She spent the last week on her art inspired by this image.

I’m keeping this image in mind and might try something inspired by it as well sometime in the future.

11 Likes

this is great!

1 Like

Impromptu art session with my girls. We all made mermaids!

Here’s a close up of mine:

Thanks for the inspiration!

15 Likes

I love that people are doing this as a family activity! And all the mermaids are lovely!

Mine isn’t quite what I wanted it to be — another piece I don’t like, but it was fun to do. Metal and wood (and glue dots, since all the nails I had were too long for the thickness of wood on the bottom of the box).

If I’d had smaller, shorter nails I was going to make the scales dangle like sequins.

Forgive the slightly blurry photographs.

13 Likes

That is the coolest!!

3 Likes

Wow, those are some fantastic mermaids!

4 Likes

what fun! I was going to ask if your girls like crafting, and I see that they DO!
great projects

2 Likes