Craft This In Your Style - LC Edition

I has a nice cozy, warm “feel” as well as being very lovely to look at! Nice job!

2 Likes

this is fantastic!
the marshmallows are so lifelike & melty! :heart:

2 Likes

I’m happy if it looks like either marshmallows or whipped cream! :blush: Thank you!

2 Likes

Cool work! I like the colors and patterns. I never thought about making something digitally. Way to think outside the box.
And it gives me an idea…. :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh, hey folks! Here’s my take for this month. It’s my first wood burning project. The coloring is done with watercolor.

23 Likes

Beautiful! How do you keep the watercolors from bleeding on the porous wood?

You got some lovely blends and shading!

3 Likes

I agree! The shading is really pretty with the watercolors.

2 Likes

Thats gorgeous! I have a wood burning kit, but i am too scared to use it. Im scared i will burn myself or my cats. Lol. I love the way yours turned out. Doesnt look like a first attempt at all!

4 Likes

Welcome back!!

And can I just say…. Your FIRST wood burning project???!?!!! :exploding_head:

It’s beautiful!

6 Likes

That is super cute!

3 Likes

Love your rendition! Wonderful color blending!

3 Likes

Already loving the variety this month! Here’s mine.

I played around with trying to create a cocktail umbrella to incorporate the teal/dots, but it just wasn’t working. Shoutout to @goatgoddesss for sending me the leaf diecuts in last year’s embellishment swap.

18 Likes

Lol. Hey, we each have our preferred Fall drink! Love all the textures and style.

2 Likes

Cracks me up! Fun art-collage style, too. Love it!

2 Likes

oh, @megwell --you are a hoot!

Love your beverage of choice…the leaf cuts are gorgeous!

2 Likes

The wood burned parts made it super easy! The water stayed to each individual area. I did find wet to wet worked best…made the wood happier to take the paint.

And thank you all for the welcome backs! 4.5 weeks and I’m done with my degree! …then I start my masters in January. :melting_face::tada:

10 Likes

squeeee! I love this! (and nice to see you back in these parts :slight_smile: )
FIRST project?? you must be a natural at this – wow! very nice

2 Likes

I’ve had to do only digital work for several months now as I get moved and settled again. I should have all of my stuff out of storage by 2nd wk of Dec. With being able to leisurely unpack and set up studio work space, I should be able to create handmades/physical products again after Christmas. :blush:

1 Like

Had no idea it was wood burning! I can tell now by looking at the dotted border. I like the steam. Your botanical design and watercolors are beautiful together.

1 Like

I’ve tried wood burning. It’s a fun and beautiful technique but I think I get bored with how patient and slow you have to be to make each mark or stroke develop. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like