Craft Through Coronavirus Craftalong

What’s sulky (apart from my kids when they can’t watch TV)?

Sorry I got distracted and never went to see what the fabrics were (but I can recommend that new Disney movie Onward). The fabrics are from Michael Miller and I think the line is Kitschy Cocktails (or afternoon least one of the pieces is that).

1 Like

It’s a dissolvable stabilizer used a lot for embroidery.

1 Like

Thank you x

2 Likes

Ahh. I use a lot of that, at times, but never remember the brand names.

1 Like

Hey friends, thought I’d throw this out there. I am supposed to close the signups for the Go Bananas Swap today, but I have an uneven number of swappers! The point of this swap is to get to know, and then to spoil your partner, and go bananas crafting something really lovely for them, so I’d prefer not to have to do a round robin. I want folks to really be able to interact with one another. Anyone interested in playing with us??? C’mon! Help a sister out!

1 Like

Late to the party here. I can’t make a list because I don’t know what craft supplies will turn up. My crafting supplies are mostly packed in tubs still from moving house. The tape we head on hand rebelled at being used as labels, a job beneath its dignity. As a result, every tub is a surprise. I do not recommend this moving method. :wink:

Still, crafting is therapy for the awkward days when you spend a few hours trying not to get distracted from finding a can opener, not the perler beads and Legos.

!
The beads came in handy to make this cheerful but of fun decor for the bathroom mirror.

I also whipped up a few whirlygigs to keep birds from nesting in the front porch that I feel in love with.

14 Likes

I went out to my grandma’s house today (no one has lived there since she passed away three years ago) to pick up some old fabric to make masks. It was a beautiful day and the mountain was out, as we say here in WA.

19 Likes

:joy: Not fun though, however hilarious that was to read.

@roler that looks so beautiful and calm

5 Likes

Ahh, so beautiful! To know that space is there, waiting quietly by itself, with a fabric stash, no less. Your grandma keeps loving, helping and sharing through what she left!

6 Likes

ha ha thanks for the laugh…we moved in October and still have boxes to go through…that is, I do…I am the genius who marked most of the boxes “Crafting Supplies”…my husband had a color -coding system, a huge list, etc. He was basically unpacked in a week…ha ha ha…I can relate…I am still looking for my chunk of beeswax…I know it is safely in one of those tubs…ha ha ha

6 Likes

I’m just calling the chaotic unpacking an exercise in creativity. Hope your beeswax shows up unharmed by is adventure!

3 Likes

For all of you working on making masks, there’s a new LC Challenge…

Since the challenge is in the Craftalongs board, I am allowing people to enter masks that they may have previously posted here on LC. I am accepting items made from March 1, 2020, onward.

5 Likes

You know what would be cool to see?

In NY, at least, people are putting rainbows in their windows to bring smiles to people’s faces when they see them.

I am finishing up a crocheted rainbow item to hang on the front door, and another rainbow yarn project to hang from our upstairs window.

I would love to see if other people are doing the rainbow thing as well, and how they have done it: i.e.-paint, yarn, sewn, etc…

(I also heard something about teddy bears but I haven’t seen any of those.)

6 Likes

Oh that’s so sweet! I don’t have a street facing window in my apartment, but maybe I’ll yarn bomb the lantern in my driveway :rainbow:

2 Likes

This sounds fun! I’ve already completed so many projects that I thought would never get finished lol! I tend to craft when stressed or bored… So far I’ve started by watching Blueprint (previously Craftsy) classes (they are free right now, till the 16th!) and checked out a crochet e-book from my library … there are so many ways to crochet that I missed! “painted” crochet (crocheting with 3+ sewing threads and gradually changing colors), woven crochet (double crochet a filet crochet like blanket, then weave in longe threads through the work), and some others that I forget off the top of my head. Still not finished with my summer dress or quilt, but that’s the goal!

5 Likes

so gorgeous!!! it looks like it must have taken a lot of sewing and fabric! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Ooof I’m so exhausted; I finished one big project today, and started and made major progress on two more! I feel soooooo productive and accomplished, but wiped out! I’ll try to post photos of progress tomorrow.

1 Like

My mom and my daughter made signs to hang (I helped a bit).
One says “it will be alright” (not exact translation, it’s a saying in Hebrew).
The other says happy holiday, since it is now Passover.

14 Likes

Here (Belgium) they do the bear hunt, many stores and people with street facing houses have them, to make it fun for kids to go on walks with their parents.

A bit on an late March update.
I did two things, that I will both do again in the future

Actually make video’s for the diy youtube channel I want to start
It is a secret storage/token holder from magic the gathering cards.

Do something with those mini embroidery hoops
I made it a little too big, the tiny hoop could not take the extra width. Really love the challenge of working small

Now I have to focus on my study some more, I am a bit behind with all the distractions going on

8 Likes