Craft Through Coronavirus Craftalong

Looks really yummy!

1 Like

Iā€™m Jewish, and Iā€™m telling you, thatā€™s an awesome looking challah! :laughing:

3 Likes

That Challah looks really good, and Iā€™ve seen many.
We will probably make some this week, it would go well with the jam my mom and my daughter made.

1 Like

@LadybugsAndBees Iā€™m so taking that compliment :grin: given youā€™re the expert. I think Iā€™ve only tasted Challah once before in my life and it wasnā€™t home made.

I believe it makes good French toast and bread pudding, if there is any left over?

2 Likes

My MIL always makes French toast if there is any challah left after the weekend. Itā€™s perfect for it.

2 Likes

Thank you for this wonderful ideaā€¦it is one of the simple things that we can do for othersā€¦

14 Likes

Love this!

3 Likes

Cool idea. I will sticky something inside the lid of our mail box. I am usually here when the post comes though and have been going out on the porch to chat with our new letter carrier. Heā€™s very cheerful and friendly. We of course keep our distance but itā€™s so nice having a few words of greeting with somebody most days.

3 Likes

That bread looks so yummy!

Iā€™m almost finished with some masks for the hospital. All they need is the elasticā€¦which hasnā€™t been delivered yet. I was going to just make ties, but my machine was eating the bias tape and I gave up.

11 Likes

I need to add something there too, as the PO driver doesnā€™t come to the door much.

1 Like

Yeah, mine honks and waves with his blue gloves on if he sees me at the doorā€¦but if there are packages, it is usually a different delivererā€¦I think I will put something on the lid of the post box as well and maybe even inspire the other neighbors to do the same when they see itā€¦

2 Likes

I just put one up on our door. Thanks for the idea, @Lynx ! We really do appreciate the people keeping things going!

7 Likes

My delivery today was suppose to be chicken breasts and toilet paper from Whole Foods/Amazonā€¦I allow them to substitute, so instead, I got a small whole chicken, and I mean small, and a package of baby wipesā€¦ :thinking: better than nothing and I did add an extra tip for Eddie, the young man who delivers in our areaā€¦

3 Likes

Added one to the mailbox!

7 Likes

Ha haā€¦I just did the same thing and it looks almost the same as yours!

3 Likes

Edel, this looks great! Iā€™ve got to up my baking mojo. My cousin said she went to the local store today and they were only allowing one bread item per order- so no sandwich bread AND hamburger buns on the same order kind of thing. My family eats a lot of bread so i better get the oven warmed up!

2 Likes

I ran down and added a thanks note inside my mailbox just now, thanks to you guys! @wittychild had sent me an envelope covered in rainbow hearts, so I disassembled it to use as an eye-catching and appropriate background. :smile:

This was the most productive day Iā€™ve had, in terms of crafting and creating, since everything started hitting the fan. There were new experiments in cooking using mainly dry goods, starting seeds to grow veggies, making some of the seed starters out of empty folded t.p. rolls (an idea that had been waiting in my Pinterest for years!), picking and carding wool in the sun (getting my dose of vitamin D for the week).

For a fun little detour this week: An annual local fundraising farm event called Lattes with Lambs was supposed to be next weekend, so instead it has been turned into a FREE, weeklong online series of events for everyone, including butter-making demo, a tour of what my volunteer fiber arts group does there, and a virtual visit with the new lambs and piglets!

Hereā€™s your schedule of all things lambs:

Sunday, March 29: Virtual Town Hall
Tune in at 2 pm for an online townhall with our candidates for mayor of the barnyard, Nigel the sheep and Birdie the cow. Following the town hall, youā€™ll be able to vote online for your favorite candidate.

Monday, March 30: Make-It MOO-nday
Learn how to make-your-own butter at home with a special video tutorial featuring Birdie the cow.

Tuesday, March 31: Tuesday with Nigel
Meet the lamb behind the legend as Nigel the sheep gives you a special look inside his campaign for mayor.

Wednesday, April 1: Wool Wednesday
From sheep to skein, this special series of videos will show you how we turn wool from our sheep into yarn.

Thursday, April 2: #ThirstyThursday
Did you know lambs wag their tails when they nurse? You will after enjoying Thursdayā€™s epic playlist of lambs being bottle-fed.

Friday, April 3: #FridayIntroductions
Tune in at 12 pm for a live behind-the-scene barnyard tour and meet all of the new babies.

Saturday, April 4: Lattes with Lambs
Brew up a fresh cup of whatever it is you like to drink in the morning and join us at 10 am for a live announcement of the new Mayor of the Barnyard!

Direct link to the event, which will have all content recorded: Lattes with Lambs
More content available on Accokeek Foundationā€™s social media accounts.

8 Likes

Well, that was fun! I votedā€¦things must be bad when I have to decide between cheese and fleeceā€¦ :smiley:

3 Likes

Aw, heck yeah! Glad to be part of (or at least facilitate) sharing the love. :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

2 Likes

It goes against every bone in my body to share something from Fox News, but wow, this is beyond even our thoughtful thank you signs:
Man Tips Driver in TP

7 Likes