Crane Pine Needle Basket with Faux Ceramic Base

My husband and I took turns working on this basket to send to my MIL for Christmas! It was nice that we both made it together. It gave my hands some breaks, lol.

The base is polyclay with liquid polyclay/pigment powder used to do a faux ceramic finish.

I accidentally baked the glaze too hot and the back of the originally white polyclay discolored in a mottled brown, but I think it looks cool! WIN! Sending it off today with some homemade pecan roca. Pecans and pine needles all foraged within 5 miles of home :heart: I hope she likes it.

30 Likes

I think the mottled look is more natural

2 Likes

That’s truly lovely.

1 Like

This is absolutely stunning. And I love the stoneware appearance of the base!

1 Like

It is stunning! I think it’s extra special you bith worked on it. It will be loved for a long time.

1 Like

Gorgeous basket! And mmmmmm pecan roca

1 Like

Beautiful!!! I would never want to put anything inside that basket… I’d probably hang it on a wall…

2 Likes

This is so great. What a beautiful keepsake!

1 Like

It turned out so lovely, Kira! I love that it represents a bit of your lifestyle…foraging in the woods!

1 Like

This is just amazing! What a beautiful gift.

1 Like

Beautiful job!

1 Like

Oh wow! This is so beautiful!

1 Like

Ooooh, so lovely!

1 Like

Omg It’s just so gorgeous!!! truly a great gift. I’m sure it will be treasured.

1 Like

This is lovely and I love that both of you worked on it.

2 Likes

What a pretty and thoughtful gift! I think the mottled bottom makes the poly clay look more natural/organic. WIN!

1 Like

Oh, that came out beautiful. All the details are perfect, including the rustic burnt bottom!
Very special gift!

1 Like

:tada: Congrats!!! :tada:
@Kira, your crane pine needle basket has been chosen as a featured project for the week :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Woo hoo! Thanks so much :blush:

Wow, it would be an honor to receive this work of ART!