Creature Comfort Stuffie Swap Gallery

Thank you. We still have our cat, but man I wish I could hug and pet my puppy again.

3 Likes

Whew, I spent a whole lot of today and yesterday working on my stuffie, and am really happy with how itā€™s coming along! I still have, hmmm, four steps left to go on the stuffie itself, plus a bit of accessorizing.

Iā€™ve actually been really intimidated up until I finally got started, since I have very little experience with this, but now Iā€™m having lots of fun!

4 Likes

I felt that way too, especially with the creature I chose, but once I figured it out it was fun!

4 Likes

Little mini Venk!!! Those paws!! Great job, @storerboughtcreation! The colors are utter perfection!

6 Likes

My partner @grenouille78 and I ended up meeting a day early due to my familyā€™s weekend plans changing. I went over to her place (just a twenty minute drive from mine) to make the exchange, and came home with this adorable new friend!

(Please pardon the apocalyptic colored sky in the background; wildfire issues here in the PNW).

And here with its oh so dapper accessories!

I havenā€™t decided what this super sweet squidā€™s name will be yet, only that it will definitely be a friend for Katsuyuki Moray and his pals on their Instagram. This new sea creature companion is so soft and squishy, with such cute squiggly arms and beautiful colors!

And here we are making our exchange:

Thank you SO much, @grenouille78! I love my new squid buddy! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I got a visit todayā€¦ from @roler and her dad and the adorable little buddy she made me! Sheā€™s going to post pics of us together since I am a technological dinosaur and do not own a smartphone. But I can post pics of this little guy!

Look at his wee otter ears! And that sweet little nose! And his roundy little feet! And his little whiskers! Not to mention the fun little scarf heā€™s sporting! Heā€™s sooo soft and rolerā€™s sewing is so nice.

Otter tail!

Every one of my kids want to steal him, but nope. Heā€™s hanging out with me! Thank you so much, roler!!

15 Likes

Iā€™m so glad! :heart: Making the squiggly arms was fun!
ha I wondered how much of our lurid yellow light would show up in the pictures.

3 Likes

Yaaay, Iā€™m really glad you like him! I know otters werenā€™t on your list, but since you kindly said that any cute plump animal would do, I decided to go for this one Iā€™d been wanting to try for a while. :slight_smile: After showing him off on my facebook, I now have multiple requests for more!! :laughing: I may have to try to mass produce some otters! He really was much less difficult than I expected; the hardest part was sewing on the tail.

7 Likes

I really do love all types of animals, and Iā€™ve never had an otter in my collection before, so heā€™s very welcome! And otters are so good and Northwesty. :slight_smile:

Youā€™ll be an otter-makinā€™ machine! Well, Iā€™m in a similar boat with the squids ā€“ I have to fulfill my kidsā€™ squid orders now. :smile:

8 Likes

I love that you got to trade in person! That squid is just awesome and the otter fantastic!

5 Likes

Iā€™m jealous you two got to meet up in person! I donā€™t remember the smoke ever being that bad when I was in Olympia. In Pullman, on the other side of the state, it definitely got bad a few times.

I love that otter (I may be one of the people on Rolerā€™s list of requests :wink:)! And the squid is precious. Iā€™m looking forward to the photos with all your other sea friends!

5 Likes

Oh @roler that Otter is ADORABLE. And such a lovely scarf!! I just want to kiss the face and hug and squeeze!

And what a plummy Squid! So very correct. Always ready for tea, I suspect? Love!

4 Likes

My partner @marionberries hit it out of the park! A panda (my all time fave animal) in purple (one of my fave animals, BUT he matches a bunny I recieved from my Grandparents the day I was born (36 years ago on October 2nd). I had to photograph them together, now I can imagine what my bunny looked like before I loved him yo near death.

15 Likes

Wow, that is really cool and oh so special!

3 Likes

That is sooooooo cute! And oh my goodness; is that also a Fluffmonger pattern? I think @marionberries and I may have used the same artistā€™s patterns! XD

3 Likes

Lol! I came SO close to using a Fluffmonger pattern too! They are just so cute. I love what you both did. The otter and the panda are adorable. I love the squid too and the fact that you gave him the little accessories.

3 Likes

Yes itā€™s a fluffermonger pattern. They are so cute and simple. I did modify for the purple panda look, she/he wears it well.
The wooly sheep fleece was a find when I was reorganizing the basement and came across a bag of fake fur. And a panda was born. The amazing match to your well loved rabbit is just one of those ways the Lettucecraft universe works! I want to see this panda in 36 years!

9 Likes

Those patterns are cute, they remind me of those ā€˜marshmallowā€™ style plush that are really popular right now.

3 Likes

Here is the pattern link. I modified for the rockinā€™ panda look.

7 Likes

What happened was, originally all the smoke from the California and Oregon fires blew out over the ocean, but then the wind changed direction and blew it all on top of us. Weā€™ve been sitting in a foggy/smoky haze all weekend. :frowning_face: So no, normally it isnā€™t that bad here.

2 Likes