Crochet-along

I made a couple scrubbies for gozer in a private swap. Managed to use up all the scrubby yarn, all the white, and now have just a tiny ball of teal left.

The rectangular one was made by holding 2 strands together, with the first third teal cotton and scrubby yarn. I crocheted until I had something the size of a regular sponge, and ran out with just 2 sc stitches to go, so I switched to the white cotton. I then just kept going until the whole piece was about 3 times as long. Then I folded the extra length twice, till it was a thicker pad, and used the last of the white to do a running stitch around the edge to keep it in that shape.

13 Likes

You totally won yarn chicken!

2 Likes

The pink is looking for a project, any ideas?

3 Likes

Xmas is coming, you’ll need gifts! Nothing like a warm hat to start summer off right. & by “right” I mean ridiculous. Ha!

1 Like

The pink should stay there until the socks are finished, just saying :cricket:

7 Likes

Crochet heart

I make these out of colorful random yarns. I replied to you in the knitting thread as well.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That’s you told @AntBee

5 Likes

Right? Hahaha!

2 Likes

Oh, a heart, that could be really nice! I forgot about those…

2 Likes

I’m just trying to be helpful :smiley:

4 Likes

My corner to corner crochet experiment is going well… Using random yarns that I have at least half a skein…

12 Likes

Is this the one that grows bigger from the corner? I have lots of leftover skeins as well…so starting with the least amount at the beginning and the end might use up more of the smaller skeins…love the stripes you are doing…I would rather have stripes than just continuing until the yarn is gone.

4 Likes

I finally got rid of 3 skeins of lime green acrylic yarn…big skeins. I tried to incorporate into baskets but I can’t, just can’t. Gifted to a grandma to make an afghan for her grandson. Yeah. I may have enough yarn to finish 2 more baskets. I’ve reduced by at least 3/4 of my stash.
Here’s the latest start with a finished basket behind.

9 Likes

I have finished a pair of potholders made in tunisian crochet, I hope I can post them here.
I made a pair some years ago and they are my best potholders! And my mum seemed like she wanted some, but hasnt asked or anything. And this year I decided she will get a pair for her birthday (in september). So now I have been crocheting to get them done! Im not very fond of making them, as its kind of tough on my fingers (and maybe I have a to small hook, and I tense up too much). But they are done and Im happy with them.

14 Likes

Those are some wonderful pot holders! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Yes! Correct. It feels faster to build up too.

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

2 Likes

I am so terribly behind… only up to end of Feb. And I have realised that I am out of one colour, so after I do another 5 or 6 days, it will need to go back on hold for a bit.

13 Likes

It looks very nice!

2 Likes

I love both of those random colorways!

2 Likes