Crochet-along

I used a very synthetic scrubby yarn that barely holds any water. I would probably not have liked it in something like cotton for the reason you mentioned.

This is a scrubby synthetic yarn. Maybe netting is best for this sort of thing, like tulle.

2 Likes

Im up to date with my snake! :smiley: Im so glad you asked @Cindy because I havent forgotten. But I did some crochet on him (Ssebastian) earlier, but forgot to take a photo. Here he is in all his 58 cm glory!

15 Likes

Ssebastian is looking good! love the name!

2 Likes

I was just thinking about you, wondering how your snake was coming along. Ssebastian is looking great.

3 Likes

Hey @mellybelly81 now itโ€™s your turn to show us progress :smiley:

3 Likes

I am actually working on the final place mat. Shhhh, donโ€™t spook me or iโ€™ll scamper offโ€ฆ lol

12 Likes

Ohh pretty colours

2 Likes

Nice stitch too.

I finished this dish scrubby with enough yarn left to make another.

11 Likes

Thanks. I finished the crochet now hsve to weave in all the ends.

Yours looks good!

What stitch is that? Is it the textured yarn that makes it look wavy? I like it!

1 Like

Itโ€™s just double skip one double mesh. The yarn is scrubby & pretty yucky to work with.

2 Likes

I made a couple scrubbies for gozer in a private swap. Managed to use up all the scrubby yarn, all the white, and now have just a tiny ball of teal left.

The rectangular one was made by holding 2 strands together, with the first third teal cotton and scrubby yarn. I crocheted until I had something the size of a regular sponge, and ran out with just 2 sc stitches to go, so I switched to the white cotton. I then just kept going until the whole piece was about 3 times as long. Then I folded the extra length twice, till it was a thicker pad, and used the last of the white to do a running stitch around the edge to keep it in that shape.

13 Likes

You totally won yarn chicken!

2 Likes

The pink is looking for a project, any ideas?

3 Likes

Xmas is coming, youโ€™ll need gifts! Nothing like a warm hat to start summer off right. & by โ€œrightโ€ I mean ridiculous. Ha!

1 Like

The pink should stay there until the socks are finished, just saying :cricket:

7 Likes

Crochet heart

I make these out of colorful random yarns. I replied to you in the knitting thread as well.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thatโ€™s you told @AntBee

5 Likes

Right? Hahaha!

2 Likes