Crochet-along

I’m looking forward to watching your snake grow!

3 Likes

If you stuff that with something weighty, it would make a terrific draft stopper. I have a big snake thing like that, I’ll find it for photos later…

2 Likes

I love your snake…hopefully, it will be colorful, showing a range of temperatures!

3 Likes

I’m working on turning that Archangel yarn into a cabled messy bun hat. I realized I’ve never done crochet cables before, and it’s fun, but I’m not sure if I love the cables as this pattern writer designed them. She put in one large 6-strand cable, two 2-strand cables beside it, and then a bunch of 2-strand cables bordered directly with fpdc, so you kind of lose those cables inside the extra fpdc ridges.

You can see here, I’m pointing to one of the 2-strand inside the border fpdc. See how it looks like overall just a bunch of ridges in a row? I wish she did a few more of the 6-strand which is really striking, or a few 4-strands thrown in between the 2 strands, and I wish the fpdc borders weren’t in there. I think at this point I’ve figured out how they work enough that I could redesign the cables to suit my tastes better, but I’m going to keep going, and try the hat on when it’s done, to see what it looks like on before I decide.

10 Likes

Do you think the cables will show up more when the hat is stretched out a bit on your head?

Such pretty yarn…if not, at least you get the look of a lot of texture!

2 Likes

I’ve made this Cable hat several times and the cables really stand out. I’ve also made it with a band by replacing the first 6 rows similar to what you have.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m wondering. I also just want more of the wide cable, since there’s only one in the design.

That’s beautiful! I’m going to have to bookmark that one for future use.

2 Likes

I went to her site and truly she has some very lovely patterns! I loved the basketweave one and the cabled one!

I am going to make a few men hats first out of the grey yarn I had purchased for my shawl that I never made. I mean, after I finish my sweater…

My little cat apparently stole one of the pockets out of my bag…I found it in the hallway this morning…so, I took that as a sign to just finish it! lol

5 Likes

Yeah, nothing else until that sweater is done :flushed: I have many witnesses that heard you ask me to prod you along :smiley:

4 Likes

I am really sick today. It is just a head cold but it is miserable. I am probably going to spend most of the day resting since I can’t really concentrate, but I will get back on it probably later this evening once the medication starts working…yes, it was the cold that caught me off guard yesterday, but, I won’t use it as an excuse for saying anything… :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Took mine out to measure the width (about 42”) and thought I’d get a progress pic. I still have 7 colors left to do this week

13 Likes

It is going to be a nice size for curling up! I decided to go with the twin size as well…I just hope I have enough yarn!

3 Likes

Working on a wrap to send to @Lynx ’s friend who had a house fire over Christmas. Just need to work in some ends and add a fringe.

14 Likes

Cute little feet showing up :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m on the fence about how I’m liking my stripe pattern choice, but my blanket is coming along.

10 Likes

It’s so beautiful! Thank you.

2 Likes

My crochet helper for the evening

9 Likes

I finished my hat, but as predicted, I’m not happy with the cables, and the hat is too tall. So I’ve frogged it down to the brim, and am redoing it with a different cable layout.

10 Likes

ah, bummer. Good luck with the modifications. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I was crocheting with a helper last night too on a craft zoom with my craft group.

And thanks @AIMR for suggesting that ring for my knuckle that acts up after I crochet. I didn’t know my size or if I would like it so instead of spending for one that looks like real jewelry I bought a set of plastic ones in different sizes. Even the size 6 was a tiny bit too big so I think I’ll return them and get the set in smaller sizes.

It took a while to get used to it but it prevented me from bending my knuckle too much or putting a lot of pressure on it and this morning it’s a little stiff but it’s not swollen and achy.

BraceOn EZ Finger Splint - Trio 3-Pack (6,7,8) https://a.co/d/ijqHn1x

14 Likes