Crochet-along

When you see all the colors together, they really do remind me of a spring garden!

4 Likes

Excuse me very much!

2 Likes

I’m always curious what your links are but years of security training have taught me not to click on naked links.

5 Likes

When you see those garments she has made, with such repetitive patterns, you can see why she needs to crochet fast!

That was a bit anxiety-provoking for me…I think I crochet fast, but that seemed frenzied. Each to their own…she obviously enjoys it!

2 Likes

I think the music played a big part in making it seem frenzied. She also messed up many times when she talked.

3 Likes

Be bad, indulge yourself in this safe space :kissing_heart:. I promise all my links are fun, interesting, & safe!

I also work in this field, the security training is rigorous to be sure.

4 Likes

It’s mostly YouTube…plus, I have KAMO which alerts me immediately if I am at a questionable site…haven’t been blocked once clicking on links from people here.

2 Likes

And CBC news, they have awesome news stories & foodie stuff. Sometimes treehugger, that’s a great site.

1 Like

Starting on this week’s rows

Since I usually crochet in the evening, the pictures don’t do the colors justice.

13 Likes

It’s turning out really beautifully

3 Likes

:rofl: security training and Rick Astley…

Posting this to Facebook is how I found out my Mom escaped ever being Rick Rolled!!!

@Magpie the worst / most thorough cyber security training I’ve ever had to was for banking and even then, it was eye rolling for anyone whose been in the digital industries for more than a minute.

8 Likes

Yes, agreed. Our training seems like no-brainer level stuff but we run it for our clients… and they need it.

3 Likes

Oh man, I forgot about Rick rolling :joy:.

For me it’s actually more about what websites I go to. While the content is probably fine, I generally avoid going to most websites I’m unfamiliar with (and some that I am) because of tracking, privacy, etc in addition to general security. Being a software engineer, and doing security training from the perspective of being the one to hack into websites, I know way too much about potential issues and attack vectors.

4 Likes

I use Brave almost exclusively - it is pretty good about blocking most of the crap. But I hear you…

3 Likes

Ya, my Robert is a data programmer specializing in direct email marketing. I know way too much about data collection, etc. It’s as bad as can be imagined & then some. Privacy really is an illusion.

5 Likes

Today is my least favorite part, sewing in the ends

9 Likes

I am waiting to see what her border is…I usually crochet over the ends so I don’t have to weave them in…that is what I did the last four blankets I made. I hate sewing in the ends.

3 Likes

I have twelve more rows to go for week #2 of the CAL. I am going to save them for the ZOOM meet up tomorrow since all of my other projects involve sewing…

13 Likes

Managed to get Part 2, 33 stripes, done during the Zoom meetup today. There is one mistake that I didn’t catch, so I didn’t frog out six rows to fix it. Hubby couldn’t find it, so I am good! ha

14 Likes

Two weeks of snake and it still feels good. But if Im being honest, it feels like 365 days is a long commitment! :o So my plan is just to crochet, and each week post a pic (in several places) on how my progress is going. That way I hope someone will ask if I dont post a pic, and I have to stand up for my doing or not doing. :slight_smile:

From what I have crochet I have calculated and my snake will be about 125-130 cm long with head and tail. Thats a pretty long and hopefully, colorful snake! :slight_smile:

Blankets looking good @AIMR and @photojenn !

15 Likes