Crochet festival bikini top

So we do a Secret Santa for my mum’s family on Christmas Eve (19 adult cousins, aunties and uncles!) and this year I got my younger cousin’s newish gf (first year in the Secret Santa) and I have only met her a couple of times. So I sussed her out on Insta and found she liked going to music festivals, wearing red and posting pics of herself in bikinis. So what else would I decide to do, but a crochet festival top?

I took it to work one day (I was crocheting on the bus) and my friend asked me to make one for her 21yo daughter. So I did that over Christmas. The second one was much faster.

I sewed cups into the Secret Santa one as I had to guess the size and thought they might help blur any size issues, but my friend asked not to put them in for her daughter.

The colour on the red is way out (not sure what my phone did there, it’s a raspberry red, not hot pink). The blue is about right, it’s called petrol.

12 Likes

Those are so pretty. I really like the edging around the bottom and cup area.

2 Likes

Thankyou!

1 Like

Wow, these look great! I love the color of the blue one.

2 Likes

1 Like

Beautiful job, I really like that blue, too!

2 Likes

How wonderful that you were able to give the newish gf something she will be able to use :smiley: And that your friend also wanted one shows just how great it is, even if the picture doesn’t show the true colour

2 Likes

That turned out great!

2 Likes

What a marvellous and thoughtful gift for the newish family member! Both tops are lovely and I especially like the bottom band stitching. Hopefully the recipients will let you know how many compliments they receive.

1 Like

Cute and personal! Hope they were well received! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jeanne thanks!

@Abbeeroad - I got photo sent by my friend showing her daughter wearing it as soon as she gave it to her, captioned I don’t think she will ever take it off! So I think its fair to say she likes hers :heart_eyes:

2 Likes