Crochet Fish Hats

I really enjoyed making these fish hats! Some were for past swap partners, some were just made for fun or to give away. :grin:

fish1
(Lion Brand Mandala, Sphinx colorway)

Pattern: Crochet Fish Hat (Ravelry link)
Hook: I (5.5 mm) or J (6.0 mm) for a slightly larger hat
Yarn: each hat used a little over 1 ball of Lion Brand Mandala yarn & miscellaneous acrylic yarn for the eyes

I used 2 strands of yarn held together to make the hats because Lion Brand Mandala is a thinner yarn. For the lip, instead of turning at the end of every row, I crocheted every other row left-handed so they look more like the rest of the hat. :smiley:

fish2
(Lion Brand Mandala, Sphinx colorway with some Navy Lion Brand Pound of Love)

fish3
(Lion Brand Mandala, Centaur colorway)

fish4
(Lion Brand Mandala Baby, Echo Caves colorway)

23 Likes

These are fantastic! My grand daughter would adore the one with open eyes, except I’d have to use pink.

2 Likes

I remember these! I loved them then & I still love them now!

1 Like

Super cute!

2 Likes

These are so fun and cute!

2 Likes

Love love love!

2 Likes

So cool! Love the yarn colors!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! I am obsessed with fish right now because it’s pond time. I love the reddish one because the eye look the most alive, but they are ALL super cool!

1 Like

Ooh, I’d forgotten there was a crochet version of these! (I made a couple knit ones ages ago) Fun color choices!

1 Like

I Love these! Sooo cute!

1 Like

Theyre cute. I love how just a few adjustments in color give them such different personalities.

1 Like

Too cute!

1 Like

How fun are these!??

1 Like

I love these. I like the β€œlive” one best. These would be fun to make as gifts for anyone with a sense of humor who does ice-fishing.

1 Like

These are so fun and unlike any hats I have seen before!

1 Like