Crochet Granny Square Plant Hanger

I saw this in a recent issue of Simply Crochet magazine, but instead of the super bright colors it was made in, I went with a much more neutral natural colored cotton yarn.

It’s made of several granny squares and granny triangles, crocheted together. The edging, beads, and hanging loops are added separately.

13 Likes

Well that’s a cool way to use crochet!

Its pretty and really sets off the plant.

1 Like

Such a neat idea. It could be a nifty hanging fruit basket sort of thing too.

That’s such a fun idea. Yours turned out lovely.

I like your neutral take!

Clever and pretty!

Thank you! It took me longer than I expected to stitch up the individual pieces, and then I ran out of yarn in the ball with just a little left to do. I had more, but couldn’t find it for a while. But, now that I have, I can make another because that one stayed in FL with my mom. I don’t have a good place to hang it right now, so I didn’t mind leaving it behind (plus it gave me a little more room in my bag to bring home a few other things).

@Abbeeroad, I debated painting the wooden beads, but laziness won out, and they stayed plain. Maybe for the next one, I can add a tiny dash of color with the beads. Perhaps I can paint them to coordinate with whatever room I end up hanging it in. But, I don’t think I’ll ever make the brightly colored version from the magazine!