Crochet porg from Star Wars

My son wanted a Star Wars birthday, and he loves the Porgs from Star Wars (which he also named our pet guinea pig after), so I made this little fella for him. It’s a little bit wonky because I have never crocheted before so I learned from YouTube tutorials just enough to follow the pattern. I already had all the supplies needed to make it. It’s small and squishy and my son likes playing catch with it and keeping it in his pocket. Not perfect, but good enough.

I used this free pattern Crochet porg pattern

12 Likes

Aww, so cute!

2 Likes

Awww, that’s so cute!

1 Like

I love that it is a new pocket pal for him- that’s always a good crafter-mom feeling. It’s really cute and doesn’t at all look like a first project of its type for you. Well done!

2 Likes

Super cute! I think you did a great job. Clearly your son agrees!

2 Likes

What? You never crocheted before?! This is amazing! I’d have never guessed.

2 Likes

You learned how to crochet with this project? I never would have known. It looks perfect to me. You got the face to look so cute. I want to squeeze it and take it around in my pocket! Love it!!!

1 Like

That’s for the kind words and encouragement everyone! It’s mostly just single crochet, so there wasn’t too much to learn…but I still think I didn’t do the color changes correctly (are you supposed to have a million ends?) And my stitch count did get a little off in places. Still, cute and squishy and my son is too busy playing catch with it to worry about counting stitches or a stray stich in a different color here and there :smile:

2 Likes