Crocheted blanket Jack and Sally

It took awhile but more because of all the things going on in my life. Lol

I look at it and laugh now but it tells a story

About half way in I had a heart attack an acute MI with two months left to finish my nursing degree. My late husband past march 24 2016 I had my heart attack march 24 2018. I had to fight with the college in order to finish because I missed a week of finals and clinicals. I had to fight with my doctors to get released to return to classes. Made up my finals and clinicals on my weekends and between my other classes and finals. Lost my honors by 0.047 points. But I walked that stage May 5 2018 with my BSN.

3/4 of the way through my grand daughter was born, my daughter had major post pardon depression and her and her little family moved back home for a year. I worked crazy shifts and lots of overtime to provide for the additional people and critters.

My daughter loves it and says it has remindered her “she can do anything because she has my blood and there is no quit in my blood” lol.

3 Likes

:open_mouth: WOW - that is AMAZING! good work!

1 Like

This is amazing!

1 Like

This is incredible, you did a great job on it! Good luck on completing your previously started projects!

1 Like

this is amazing! apologies if this has already been asked, but how long did this take you?

1 Like

Amazing!! One of my sons is a HUGE NBC fan! I may have to go get charting for a gift for him

1 Like

@SkyGirlMS Since i worked on it with so much hapoened it was on and off for three years.

@SkyGirlMS I completed this one in 6mths. Same size less color changes.

3 Likes

Wow, those afghans/quilts are incredible.

1 Like

OMG I WANT THIS blanket

1 Like

What an impressive project, in every way possible! Good for you for making your way through all of that and coming out with this amazing memento of your hard work and determination.
Along with your incredible story, am I understanding that you devised the pattern for this as well? Just amazing, wow.

1 Like

@magpig i had gotten a picture type graph for them both, but couldnt follow it as well as i can written out type graphs, so i entered it into my bead program to convert to a word graph.
Worked for me

I do that a lot as well! What stitch did you use to give the lovely texture? I often do mine in TSS or sc.

1 Like

@Bugaboo they are corner2corner stitches. I call it the granny square stitch when i am teaching someone. Three double crochet stiches in each chain of three of the row before… lol

1 Like

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!

1 Like