Crocheted Skillet Handles!

I think we need a kitchen option in the decorative and functional category…I have a feeling this project will not be nearly as fun as anything else in the “home” section. Lol

But! I am excited to have made these handle covers and pot holders for my cast iron skillets. Super functional because they get so hot!! And its made of yarn so I am a fan.

Sugar and cream cotton yarn and a G hook. My hands hurt from it! Struggling for my craft. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here are some pics before they get filthy.

My own pattern…making a video of it in a few.

23 Likes

What a great idea! And I love the color, great job! :slight_smile:

I purchased the fabric handle covers for my cast iron skillets and one of them melted on the edges. So frustrating! Maybe I’ll try this with some leftover cotton yarn in my stash. Thanks for the great idea!!

2 Likes

I need these in my life. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

I’ve been meaning to make these for my sister, maybe I’ll step away from obsessively making dishcloths and put my cottons to new use. I like the shape of yours, it looks like you tapered them a bit to snug them up, nice touch!

3 Likes

I want to strangle every manufacturer that uses acrylics anywhere near heat! They melt and can be very dangerous…wool or cottons burn but do not melt and stick.

In my organic chemistry class, they taught us how to tell the fibers of so many things by how they burned. I still use a match when I want to know the fiber content of fabric or yarns…if it melts, it has polyester of some sort.

3 Likes

The Muggle Struggle is real.

I love your handle covers!

2 Likes

I love that you do this. :laughing:

2 Likes

I love how cheerful the mint green is on your skillets. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great, and so practical! Love it!

2 Likes

Such a happy color! I do love a cast iron skillet but my arthritis can’t handle the weight on a regular basis.

1 Like

Wonderful and very useful!

1 Like

I don’t have anything that needs croched handles (right now), but I will certainly remember it’s possible. And the colour of the yarn is really cool, really well done, and adding a splash of colour to the dark pan :smiley: