Crocheted tawashi (dish scrubbie)

I think it’s fun to make small dish scrubbies, and when looking for a pattern for the kitchen swap I found this one:

As with many free patterns, you have to put up with a fair bit of ads. However, there are clear instructions and also a video on how to roll it up. Plus, the pattern was very easy to get the hang of.

I used a yarn that appears to be discontinued, according to ravelry:
https://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/anchor-style-miro

I bought it 10+ years ago, so I’m not surprised it’s not sold anymore. It’s acrylic and polyester, and very scratchy. In other words: perfect to scrub dishes with!

I did some modifications. It’s not as long as called for in the original pattern, since my yarn is probably thicker and/or stiffer than the yarn called for. I did a test roll now and then, and started the decreases when it seemed right. I also added a simple loop since I had a bit of yarn left. I could just hang it from any of the holes, but this way I can hang it while rolled up too.

Here are the tawashi I sent, with one unrolled. The green one was extra short since I didn’t have more yarn in that colourway. It has a bit of a hole in the middle, but should still work I hope!

10 Likes

I love how cheerful the yarn is! Great way to make a boring task happier.

1 Like

This is so much cooler than the flat dishcloths I’ve been crocheting. Thanks for sharing the pattern!

1 Like

I love that it unrolls like that!

1 Like

So cute and cheerful! Definitely taking dishwashing up a notch.

1 Like

My friends use my washcloths for dish scrubs (I use mine in the shower). They will use them until the washcloths are absolutely useless, so one hole will not make a difference :slight_smile:

1 Like

A have a crochet scrubbie I got at a craft show and I love it. These are darling and I am sure they will be put to good use!

1 Like

Love it! Thanks for the pattern link too!

1 Like