Crocheted Water Bottle Sleeve

My resolution (for lack of a better term), was to take care of myself a little better this year. One of the ways I’m doing that is by eliminating plastics from my kitchen. I wanted to replace my plastic water tumbler with a glass one. I found a lovely glass bottle with a bamboo cap at Target. I had been hoping to find one with a silicone sleeve to protect it from getting knocked around, but you can’t say no to clearance prices, so I decided to make a sleeve myself. I crocheted this from some Premier wool-free sock yarn in color Rainforest. There was no pattern, I just started hooking. I purposely made it a little smaller than the bottle, so that it would fit tightly around it, like a sock. The bottom is single crochet, and the sides are ribbed, alternating 2 double crochet, with 2 front post double crochet. I love how the self striping yarn worked up, and getting to bust some stash.

21 Likes

I really like the ribbed look. Gives it an almost knit look. And those colors are great.

1 Like

Hurrah for self care and stash busting.
Love the look of your new water bottle sleeve!

1 Like

Looks great! I like the colorway you used for it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Love the colors! And that was a great idea. I’ve always shied away from glass water bottles because of my clumsiness and fear of breaking them.

1 Like

I thought it was knit when I first saw you working on it. Beautiful yarn and the end product is something lovely to look at while you hydrate hydrate hydrate! :wink: :sweat_drops:

1 Like

It’s very attractive!

1 Like

That looks so stylish! What a great way to enhance an everyday item

1 Like

What a fun idea and such a great sleeve! Love the stripes and the pattern.

1 Like

Beautiful colors and I love the pattern!

1 Like

A lovely colourful way to stick to your hydration resolutions! A really good idea as well, I’d rather a cosy yarnie sleeve than silicone any day!

1 Like

Great resolutions, and really lovely that you fixed the problem of no protection by making a sleeve yourself :smiley:

1 Like

Great project (and resolution)! The bit of tan in the yarn that matches up to the cap makes it look like it was always meant to be.

1 Like

So well done!