Crocheted Yip Yips

The aliens from Sesame Street aka Yip Yips, are so cute & when i saw this pattern from Repeat Crafter Me, I knew these had to be made. I think I’ll make a few more and tuck them in my (adult) kids’ easter baskets. I can’t decide if i want them to hang or put a magnet on the back. They are about 5" tall, I used scrap yarn and googly eye finger puppets, and I folowed the pattern for the most part. They are cuter in person than they are in the pictures.

28 Likes

Aww… very cute!

3 Likes

They’re adorable!

3 Likes

Super cute! The googly eye finger puppets are genius and work so well. Looks like an Easter egg would fit in there nicely!

3 Likes

These are the literal best!

3 Likes

I always loved the yip yips! These are sooooo cute!

3 Likes

These are amazing. And I would add them to a bobby pin or barette and wear them in my hair every day until the eventual heat death of the universe. :heart_eyes::heart::heart_eyes::fire:

4 Likes

Cuter in person? I can’t even imagine that. These are fantastic. Yes, make more!!!

3 Likes

They are so cute :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh, these are delightful! Using the finger puppets for the eyes is brilliant! They could even hold a dyed egg in the Easter baskets! hehe!

2 Likes

Brilliant-- that is the best use I’ve ever seen for those ridiculous eyeball rings.

2 Likes

:boom: Woohoo!! This fantastic project is featured this week! :boom:

2 Likes

ADORABLE ! Yip Yips have always been a favourite of mine.

1 Like

I can hear them in my head (that’s a good thing). Ah, classic Sesame Street, where you play in construction yards and no one gets hurt. These are so cute. Personally, a magnet would be fun. Or a magnetic clasp that has one of these on it with vintage fabric.

If you had a slow ceiling fan to hang a yip yip from it would drive a cat wild. :rofl:

3 Likes

What is this ridiculousness and why did I not see it before? These little guys are just AWESOME! Well done.

1 Like

I keep looking at these. I have zero reason to make them & yet, those silly eye thing are in my cart & I’ve got the pattern pinned, lol. Irresistible!

2 Likes

i know what you mean i ordered those eyes specifically for this project, now i have all these extras, but it would probably cost more to ship them than it did to order in the first place. they are a fun and quick-ish project though

2 Likes

Make more! Include them with every gift forever, lol. I would be so happy to receive such a weird little thing, they are positively delightful.

2 Likes

I don’t know what I’ll do with them, either, but I just got my googly eye things in the mail. I love the frog, too. They might make fun raffle prizes at school! Although, I wonder if any of my students would even know what the Yip Yips are.

2 Likes

Here are my first 2- the first of many! I would have made more this weekend, but I forgot to pack the googly-eye rings with my yarn (mini craft weekend at my friend’s house!).

The green one is a bit smaller because it’s Caron Simply Soft instead of Red Heart Super Saver. I also opted not to fray the fringe… but I may change my mind on that!

4 Likes