Cross back apron from thrifted curtains

I made an apron, winged the pattern and then had fun appliquing some patches from some very cool fabric I got on Ali express. (The applique didn’t happen just because i totally misplaced the top pocket at all!!) It’s very hard to take a picture of the back of yourself.

But I love how it turned out.

22 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

See??? Brilliant!! I love it and the patches just make it cooler!

Wow! I just love this! I have been stalking this kind of apron for years and just never committing to making one. I really like how low yours goes in the back and hope to hear that this feature is wonderful for working in.

2 Likes

I’ve been debating trying one of these for sewing in. Trying to keep some of the threads from working their way into every item of clothing I own.

But curvy lines are scary.:woman_shrugging:

This looks great!

1 Like

Super cute!!! Now to keep the paint contained!

It turned out great!
Now all it needs is lots of colors of paint on it!

1 Like

They’re actually very quick and easy to make. Not it doesn’t matter when I get too enthusiastic with paint!

@sloth003 check out this list of patterns, there is one that has no curves.

2 Likes

Perfect! Now get messy

That’s the plan :grin:

I’ve always wanted to make one of these because I like how it wraps around and covers your tush. I wipe my hands on my backside a lot

I made this quite long, so it’s less tush coverage that it could be. But cut higher, it would be perfect

1 Like

Yes! Having been a professional decorative painting contractor, I am (still) in the habit of wiping my hands on my pants - thighs usually - when working on craft or DIY projects. I think this style would be very helpful for that as well as a lot more comfortable than something that ties around the waist or loops around the neck.

1 Like

My sister in law used to make aprons that tied around the waist but had a dish towel attached to them so you could wipe your hands on an actual towel

1 Like

So fun!! Love the cross back style.

The fabric is great. The patches are great. The apron looks great, I love it all!

I made the tessuti pattern for @curiousfae, it turned out only ok. I find this shape is not as easy as it seems in terms of flattering fit. The fabric I used may have been too light, heavy is better, linen best.

1 Like

Cool fabric and patches!

Hoo boy! This wondrous topic is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :tada:

1 Like

This looks like a fantastic apron! Great fabric choice and I love the patches, they add some sass.

1 Like

@TheMistressT woohoo cool thanks :grin:

1 Like