Cross Body Barbados Bag

I have been dying to post on these new forums but I have had nothing to contribute for forever! It took a pandemic to get me out of my creative rut.

Anyway, I had these cute rainbow metallic zippers, D rings and swivel clasps so I used the pattern for the Pink Sands Beach Designs cross body Barbados Bag (it has sooo many pockets guys!) and dug up some noisy fabrics and there you have it! I still have a bunch of these rainbow metallic metal pieces so I think I’ll make more of these with similar, but different, fabrics. Like a series!

35 Likes

I LOVE the black and white checkered fabric and the way it contrasts with all that fabulous color!!

2 Likes

Great fabric choices, and I love the rainbow zippers.

Good luck with all the pockets! I’m not sure if they’re good for organizing or a menace for losing things in.

2 Likes

Happy colours and pockets, hmmm. Lovely bag!

2 Likes

Oooh! I really like this. The fabric combo is fantastic and the construction is well done. :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Omg I LOVE your color and pattern choises and this is so beautifully made ! I’m so jealous!!!

2 Likes

It looks great…so glad your creative rut is over!

2 Likes

This is a super cute bag! What fun fabrics!

2 Likes

I love this! Your fabrics go great together and I don’t think any other zipper would have done them justice.

2 Likes

Cute bag! Love your fabric choices!!

2 Likes

Super cute bag! The fabric is really nice.

2 Likes

This is beautiful! I love the rainbow details.

2 Likes

Lovely bag!! How many pockets does it have??

Vacationed on Barbados many years ago and brought home two kittens!

2 Likes

Thank you for all the feedback! At home when I showed it off I got a lukewarm “cool, I guess” from my pre-teen and a “oh, that’s what you were doing today” from my SO! Your praise has then potential to become addictive!

I love the pattern because it’s fat quarter friendly and I can use my scraps. I love the pockets (6 of them!) and I love the brash colors/patterns.sewing it was fun because of some awesome hidden French seams. It’s like magic! Sooooo I made another one. I think I have more in me too!

9 Likes

lovely! I love the fabric combo and colors!!! im living for the checkered pattern and colorful zippers

2 Likes

Wow! Both of those are fantastic! I love the crazy fabric and had never heard of the rainbow metallic findings. 6 pockets does sound like a great pattern.

3 Likes

Congrats! Your Cross Body Bag is one of this week’s featured projects. You are AWE-SOME!

4 Likes

What a great bag!

2 Likes

That is a very cool and super functional bag!

2 Likes

I love this bag. I may have to buy this pattern!

3 Likes