Cross-stitch on pegboard

I saw this for sale in a shop just outside of Round Rock, Texas. I was wondering if anyone else has tried something like this. I don’t need another project idea, but somehow I suspect I will be trying this at some point. Also, couldn’t decide whether this is better in the fiber topics or here since it is wall decoration.

16 Likes

Wow! That looks really cool. Did they use yarn as thread?

What a cool idea! I bet it would go fast too since the number of squares would be limited.

Yes. Two strands of yarn together. Looked like it was probably #4 weight.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought, too. I wish I had taken a photo from further back to show how it looks like a painting. There was so much in this shop that it was a challenge.

1 Like

Woah! What a cool idea! I don’t do cross-stitch any more, but… wow! I’m picturing painting the pegboard white first to make the design really pop. If you use a pegboard to organize your supplies, it could be functional as well as beautiful.

10 Likes

Amazing! I have some pins like this, but haven’t done it, and sure hope you do!

1 Like

Omg yes! An artwork peg work!

Edit: ooops peg board!

2 Likes

Very cool!

Love how some of the pegboard was left blank to show what it is…that certainly is a statement piece!

1 Like

And if you started with a smaller piece of pegboard then it would be a challenge to create an image. You need the large scale to make the optical illusion work.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s amazing!

Very cool!
I’m glad you took a photo to share!

Thank you for sharing this, it is so neat and awe-inspiring!

To weather proof it, you could use only synthetic yarn OR paracord, which would probably look more in scale with the peg board.

ETA - this stuff → https://www.amazon.com/WEREWOLVES-650lb-Paracord-Parachute-Cord/dp/B0922J62RR/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=paracord&qid=1665297942&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI3LjE0IiwicXNhIjoiNi43NSIsInFzcCI6IjYuNTMifQ%3D%3D&sr=8-4

1 Like

I hadn’t thought about an outdoor option. Very interesting.

1 Like