Cross-Stitched Cat Ornaments

This is my first time creating a topic, so fingers crossed that it works!

From the “Better Late Than Never” files, a trio of cross-stitched Christmas ornaments I made for my mom.

The black-and-white and grey ones are modeled on my two girls, and the orange one is based on her boy. The patterns are from a discontinued Dimensions (I think?) kit called “Merry Kittens” that I scooped up on eBay. I used my DMC shade card to translate kit colours into DMC colours, and made some slight adjustments to their markings to look more like my own furkids (my avatar, BTW, is one of them!). The hanging loops are Kreinik braid, and I backed them with some glittery white felt.

She loves them, and of course, now has to wait almost a year to get them up on the tree. :wink:

Thanks for looking!

21 Likes

Awww… those are so sweet!

1 Like

Nice! I’m zooming in and am guessing that they’re stitched on a coated fabric that doesn’t fray? The edges are so clean! I don’t think I’ve ever had edges look that good, and I am not even cutting the canvas close to the edge of the work like you are. I’d love to be able to cut out shapes, but I don’t think I’ve encountered the right kind of canvas.

1 Like

Actually, it’s 14-count perforated paper. D’oh! I should have mentioned that in the original post (sorry!). It limits you to designs with whole stitches only, but is wonderful for ornaments because it won’t fray like fabric will.

2 Likes

Awesome, I must get ahold of some of that! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

I love these so much! The middle one reminds me of my Zazzy-zoo, but the yellow one singing is so cute!! Great job!

3 Likes

Who says you have to wait for Christmas to display them? They are so cute, they should be year-round kitties!

5 Likes

Ahhh I love them! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Adorable! The expression on the face of the singing kitty is wonderful! The little fangs!!

1 Like

Said by our Kitty lover! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

They are the cutest cats around! They are so cute, great colours and neat stitches. Lovely gift!

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

these are adorable!

1 Like

The one singing is the best! Nice stitching!

1 Like

They’re so cute! :smile:

1 Like

These are so cute. I love the caroling cat!

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, everyone! And the real-life orange fuzzball likes to sing my mom the song of his people pretty much constantly, so it was a better representation than originally planned. :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Lovely, and so sweet! They will bring smiles to everyone who sees them!

Adorable! I love that you’ve personalized them by modelling them after your kitties ad your mom’s kitty. So sweet!

1 Like

I love the fact that you were able to customize these based on kitties that you and your mom love. Super adorable!

1 Like

These are darling! Love them to bits!

1 Like