Cross Stitched Dino Cuff

I had a hard time deciding if this should be in jewelry or cross-stitch. In the end, I figured I would put it here since I don’t post too much in this topic.
For the Dinosaur Swap I made my partner a fun dinosaur cross-stitched cuff. It has two dinosaurs on it, a brontosaurus (a baby one because he’s so small?) and a triceratops. I thought it turned out really cute and you can tell it’s dinosaurs from far away so that was a bonus to me.

I wanted the dinosaurs to stand out so I kept the background plain and solid color. I made sure all my crosses were the same direction too. I haven’t cross-stitched in years and I have never done it seriously. It takes a lot longer than I thought it would. I love these little cuffs though so I got a few when I found them for future projects.

26 Likes

This turned out so cute and fun! And your Xs look great!

2 Likes

Adorable!! No one ever remembers how long cross stitch takes until they try it again. It’s definitely time consuming, but looks so good. I love how these dinosaurs just pop off of the blue background.

3 Likes

This is awesome! And did you find the cuff already plotted out for cross stitch? That’s super cool!

2 Likes

@bethntim Yes! I think they are discontinued from DMC but I found two other brands made them too. I bought about 4 of them to play with. I made my own design sort of. I copied an image I saw of the triceratops, but I combined a couple of designs to get the other dino to fit and look right. I tried to cover up in the first image (on the paper) where I was still playing around with the design. I made it a little longer.

3 Likes

So very cute and those dinos are adorable.

2 Likes

So cute! I love that you tinkered with the design a little- so much more personal!!

1 Like

Cross stitch is like lego bricks with thread…when you step back, it transforms!

Very nicely done…and the thread you used is very nice against the darker background…

I had no idea that such “canvases” for cross stitch existed…I bet when worn, it becomes a conversation piece!

3 Likes

That’s a pretty awesome statement piece!

2 Likes

Super duper cute!

2 Likes

Love this! Dinos are super adorable.

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Cross Stitched Dino Cuff is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

1 Like