Cross stitched Initial Ornaments! (Christmas Edition)

I made a little cross stitch initial ornament for my kids and for each of my nieces. The pattern came from some issue of CrossStitcher magazine (although I don’t remember which now). They were super fun to make and it’s nice to make little mini projects all from the same color palette! To finish them off I pretty much pieced the border and then sewed a back to make them little “pillows” with a hanger sewn in.

I’ve made two of the nieces these before but with different patterns. I’m going to try to do it most years. Then they’ll lovingly have their own collections of handmade ornaments from mom/Auntie Alex.

L is for Luna!

A is for Auri!

M is for Mia!

K is for Kitt!

J is for Joules! J is for James! (I actually made two J’s.)

T is for Tesla!

Thanks for looking!

22 Likes

What a lovely family tradition you have started! They will be keepsakes for sure!

2 Likes

What cute little patterns, and I love the little pillows you stitched up. So sweet!

2 Likes

These are adorable, and will be treasured for years to come!

2 Likes

These are fantastic! I also love the tradition. I should really start doing this for my nieces and nephew.

1 Like

Those are great!

2 Likes

These are delightful! I’m sure all the cousins love that they have matching ornaments!

2 Likes

Aren’t those the sweetest?!?

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

These are adoooooorrrrable !!! I wish my name started with L because that’s my favourite one.

1 Like

These are really cute! Family keepsakes for the win!!

2 Likes

Even if they don’t appreciate them now, they will later. These are wonderful and I love the tradition. The M is my favorite design, but the K is close because of the little rabbit.

2 Likes

I love how each letter houses an entire scene! These came out beautifully! Great choice on the border fabric, it gives each letter a nice festive frame.

1 Like

Such a neat pattern, right?? CrossStitcher releases a new themed alphabet every month. I have all the Christmas ones saved.

1 Like

OMG these are incredible. So much tiny wee detail! Amazing.

1 Like

Such cute little keepsakes! Adorable and surely something they’ll cherish.

1 Like

:balloon: :balloon:Congratulations! This awesome project is featured this week! :balloon: :balloon: