Cryptozoological Swap Gallery

I am just in awe of the amount of beautiful stitching you do @MightyMitochondria …and then to add scrappy to the mix…sigh…agree that you and @JoyfulClover are a great match…

Everything in this gallery has been surprisingly imaginative!

3 Likes

Ok, back from out of town and playing catch up.
@storerboughtcreation @Abbeeroad I’m seriously loving the amount and variety of tentacles here. It makes me want to go add tentacles to everything!
@artsycandice the mischievous face on your adorable jackalope is so perfect and I love the colors your chose.
@momiemae your geodes are spectacular! And I love the contrast of the pure white over those deep colors.
@JoyfulClover those giant ear and feet are to die for! What a cutie. I have never wanted to snuggle something with antlers this much.
@EriChanHime I was reading about amabie last year - so cool to see a hoopla one!
@gozer your mermaids look runway ready! Love the bubble details.
@MightyMitochondria I’m in awe of those tiny perfect stiches - they really make your felted wonders special.

Amazing!

6 Likes

Has everyone received at this point?

This is the largest swap I’ve ever been in, and the variety of projects is amazing and inspiring. This gallery makes me so happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

We have three packages awaiting arrival still, so more goodies to come!

3 Likes

Stellar gallery y’all! Wow!

2 Likes

I had two wonderful partners for this swap, and I am EGREGIOUSLY late in posting photos! I’m sorry! Work lately has been insane, and I keep wanting to put together cute collages and stuff, and just need to punch myself in the head and post in a less dramatic fashion so that everyone else may admire the loveliness. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I was super excited to swap with @roler again, as we definitely have a lot of overlap in interests and styles (and everything she makes is cool!). I mentioned in my list that I am slowly building myself a crafted and gifted wall of fun things with as many hooplas as possible, and she delivered adorably!! :heart_eyes: She made me a lovely Nessie hoop with felt and pretty fabric and neat, tiny stitching. Oh, and cute little BEAD EYES! :laughing:

You have to appreciate both the hoop AND the postcard note she sent at the same time:

Look at the precious little FELT RUINS! :rose: They match the real ones that you can see on the postcard. dies of architectural correctness The gorgeous blue scrollwork-printed fabric she used for the background was a perfect way to represent the movement of the water, and I like the contrast with the felt texture. She said she’s actually been able to visit Loch Ness, and so this hoop is a very special memory for her, as well, although perhaps with the Loch Ness Monster added as an imaginary detail…or WAS IT?! :grin: Thank you, Roler! It fits perfectly, and I love it! :sunflower:

I also had the joy of swapping with @jemimah for the very first time ever! :two_hearts: I had so much fun getting to know her a bit, and we agreed to swap some extras, too. She’s in New Zealand, so she started with a lovely postcard of her area–definitely a dream vacation for me someday!

Next, she sent me one of the sweet fishie bookmarks I’ve been seeing pop up in the Happy Mail thread–he’s very soothing colors, and I enjoy the scrappy feeling with the words floating in the background.

Then, this gorgeous hand-painted bird postcard she made! I am in awe of her watercolor skills, and he happens to be in my favorite colors.

And finally, the most precious painted pastel jackelope bunny baby EVER! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

He is beyond delightful! His cute little face, and his round little tootsies, and his elegant antlers, and his floofy tail! again, dying of “teh cute” Seriously, the watercolor skills here slay me; it is both soft and very cleanly done. I love him, and he shall also grace the crafty wall of happy things as soon as I pick out a frame for him!

Thank you both so very deeply. Again, I am sorry it took a while to post, but it was definitely not due to any lack of joy or enthusiasm, and I have been so enjoying looking at my beautiful gifts on my desk until I have a chance to hang things this weekend. Thank you for being fabulous partners! I’ve never failed to be thrilled at the people who make up this community. And finally, thank you again, @gozer , for organizing this awesome swap! :heart:

(And thank you for all the kind comments on the Amabie hoop! I totally made up stitches as I went along, to fit what I had in mind. :slight_smile: I promise she will get her own post as soon as I am able!)

14 Likes

How cool for you to get a Nessie from someone who has been to her home! I love all the careful attention to the details that represent this…I also admire the background fabric used…

The baby jackelope is so well done…makes me believe that it might be possible that to see one…maybe?

So glad you posted…it continues the awesomeness of this swap gallery…it is one of my favorites!

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, Nessie and the jackalope are both so amazingly CUTE! I love that they came with postcards, and I’m coveting the sweet little watercolor bird. Such watercolor skill!

3 Likes

@roler - That hoop is so fun and I love the way Nessie stands out from the background. I love the bead eye too. :wink:

@jemimah - I adore your artwork so much. That jackalope is amazing and I love the style of your bird. Both are inspiring!

5 Likes

I’m so glad you like your jackalope! It was a lot of fun to paint.

Nessie is adorable @roler! Gorgeous moody colours too.

I think my parcel is the last one still to arrive - maybe it will be here today :smile_cat:

2 Likes

I have tracked your package and it has a weird message.
It has said out for delivery since the 21st, but the green tracker hasn’t moved? Do you think it’s been misplaced? Should you call about it? Or is this normal?

1 Like

Sadly it means it may have gotten lost. But not necessarily. I mailed a Grinch doll to my uncle. It was going to Olympia, WA. It arrived in Seattle, then got sent to New Jersey (somewhere along the way, the barcode sticker fell off. Rather than fix it in Seattle, they sent it to some major distribution center in NJ :woman_shrugging:t2:), then made its way back to Seattle, and finally to Olympia. There should be a more detailed section of tracking you can view. I hope this is the case!

I’m pretty sure the international customs form numbers from the post office don’t always offer real tracking through every stop on the way. (That’s how it works from this end anyway - if you actually want your package tracked it costs way more.) My guess is this just means it’s been checked by customs and on its way.

It’s really unlikely it’s been misplaced, I’m sure it will get here :grinning:

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:
I had to add text in order to send this. LOL!

In my experience, the shipping company will mark it this way when it’s been picked up by the destination country. And you just lose sight of it until it’s delivered.

I wouldn’t give up just yet!

2 Likes

Cool. I haven’t done much shipping from overseas lately. I wasn’t sure.

2 Likes

@gozer
@jemimah
@JoyfulClover Thank you, yes, that would be my first thought, too!! Chicago and New York are main international customs and shipping centers for outgoing/incoming items. I will see if I can get ahold of someone at the Post Office tomorrow, though. They may not answer the phones (badly understaffed still since Covid), but I will try! Praying it isn’t lost, and that this just means it’s gone overseas and is travelling sneakily through the New Zealand countryside to get to you!

Edited to add:
Yay! I just checked on the full desktop USPS website, and the additional details show the following:
“Your item was processed through our CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER facility on June 21, 2021 at 7:33 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Status updates beyond the United States are only available for select countries.”
So it is definitely not cause for concern yet! :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Yay! I’m sure it will get here. Our mail is very reliable, just a bit slow because there are are fewer flights atm. I’m looking forward to seeing it :grinning:

3 Likes

Oh good! I am sure it is on it’s way. I am still not used to how slow mail is nowadays.

1 Like

The package I sent to @jemimah in a different swap went Fayetteville, NC. Then to Miami, back up to NY, then to Tokyo, Japan! I mailed it June 3…today, it says it departed Auckland and is on its way!

It is weird how some things get delivered so quickly and others do not! Hang in there!

4 Likes