Cryptozoological Swap Gallery

I got this awesome package from Gozer
I love everything so much, I cant wait to start Journaling with all my new goodies. The art is so well done, and exactly my style. The rose has a jackalope on the back and the jackalope has the rose on the back😊
She customized for tracking my orders and added some 30 day challenge cards. These will help me with my poor organization skills. Thank you so much @gozer

Ps the card was done by @Bunny1kenobi

10 Likes

Those are beautiful! I love that some of the pages are also useful to you in organizing!

The mermaids are so adorable!

1 Like

Ack!! My heart! Those mermaids are adorable! I love how they extend beyond the frame.

And the jackalopes are so pretty! I love all of them!

2 Likes

I received from @MightyMitochondria a package full of stitchy, scappy, aquatic goodness!

A felt Loch Ness Monster, ready to float away in her lake:

Check out all these embroidery stitch samples. Made in all the BEST colors:

A fantastic multi-media kraken pin (resin? and fabric). I’m going to wear this on a knit shawl, for sure:

and finally, a 3D fabric Nessie in MM’s signature scrappy style:

Epic, right? She even treated the base with layers of paint to age it:

Look at those little flippers! They are edged beautifully. And all the wee bits of frayed fabric. So swoon worthy! Scrappy Sisters, Unite! :fist:

Thank you so much for being such an amazing partner, @MightyMitochondria, and for gifting such a glorious cryptid package!

:four_leaf_clover: \m/ :shamrock:

17 Likes

I just fell off my chair from all that scrappy goodness! Not really, but WOW!! So much work in those stitchy pieces. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Wow! Love the Nessies! And the kraken- I think it’s awesome!

2 Likes

Hooray! I’m so glad it all arrived safely. The kraken was among a collection of cabochons I received from @kittykill in the box of whimsies swap. I just added rhe silk to the edge and put a pin on the back.

The scrappy Nessie was made to be a faux taxidermy companion to the jackalope I made @JoyfulClover in a previous swap. I’m not sure how successful it turned out to be, but I sent it anyway.

I love crafting for @JoyfulClover. We get each other’s style. I always feel free to follow my inspiration and go wild. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

I love what you did with that cabonchon!

3 Likes

My heart was not ready for your words. I feel the same. You’re amazeballs. These little Nessies are such a joy to hold in my hands. I could not stop fiddling with them.

AR! Our Scrappy Trio is complete! There really is so much lushy goodness, right?

3 Likes

My goodness @MightyMitochondria, that looks like a TON of work. The felt Nessie is my favorite. It’s so pretty, and I agree, the colors are perfect! All those details are killing me!

3 Likes

That is a gorgeous package!! Two Nessies!! How fun!

3 Likes

Those pieces are fantastic @MightyMitochondria! texture! colour! fabulousness! :heart:

3 Likes

I am just in awe of the amount of beautiful stitching you do @MightyMitochondria …and then to add scrappy to the mix…sigh…agree that you and @JoyfulClover are a great match…

Everything in this gallery has been surprisingly imaginative!

3 Likes

Ok, back from out of town and playing catch up.
@storerboughtcreation @Abbeeroad I’m seriously loving the amount and variety of tentacles here. It makes me want to go add tentacles to everything!
@artsycandice the mischievous face on your adorable jackalope is so perfect and I love the colors your chose.
@momiemae your geodes are spectacular! And I love the contrast of the pure white over those deep colors.
@JoyfulClover those giant ear and feet are to die for! What a cutie. I have never wanted to snuggle something with antlers this much.
@EriChanHime I was reading about amabie last year - so cool to see a hoopla one!
@gozer your mermaids look runway ready! Love the bubble details.
@MightyMitochondria I’m in awe of those tiny perfect stiches - they really make your felted wonders special.

Amazing!

6 Likes

Has everyone received at this point?

This is the largest swap I’ve ever been in, and the variety of projects is amazing and inspiring. This gallery makes me so happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

We have three packages awaiting arrival still, so more goodies to come!

3 Likes

Stellar gallery y’all! Wow!

2 Likes

I had two wonderful partners for this swap, and I am EGREGIOUSLY late in posting photos! I’m sorry! Work lately has been insane, and I keep wanting to put together cute collages and stuff, and just need to punch myself in the head and post in a less dramatic fashion so that everyone else may admire the loveliness. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I was super excited to swap with @roler again, as we definitely have a lot of overlap in interests and styles (and everything she makes is cool!). I mentioned in my list that I am slowly building myself a crafted and gifted wall of fun things with as many hooplas as possible, and she delivered adorably!! :heart_eyes: She made me a lovely Nessie hoop with felt and pretty fabric and neat, tiny stitching. Oh, and cute little BEAD EYES! :laughing:

You have to appreciate both the hoop AND the postcard note she sent at the same time:

Look at the precious little FELT RUINS! :rose: They match the real ones that you can see on the postcard. dies of architectural correctness The gorgeous blue scrollwork-printed fabric she used for the background was a perfect way to represent the movement of the water, and I like the contrast with the felt texture. She said she’s actually been able to visit Loch Ness, and so this hoop is a very special memory for her, as well, although perhaps with the Loch Ness Monster added as an imaginary detail…or WAS IT?! :grin: Thank you, Roler! It fits perfectly, and I love it! :sunflower:

I also had the joy of swapping with @jemimah for the very first time ever! :two_hearts: I had so much fun getting to know her a bit, and we agreed to swap some extras, too. She’s in New Zealand, so she started with a lovely postcard of her area–definitely a dream vacation for me someday!

Next, she sent me one of the sweet fishie bookmarks I’ve been seeing pop up in the Happy Mail thread–he’s very soothing colors, and I enjoy the scrappy feeling with the words floating in the background.

Then, this gorgeous hand-painted bird postcard she made! I am in awe of her watercolor skills, and he happens to be in my favorite colors.

And finally, the most precious painted pastel jackelope bunny baby EVER! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

He is beyond delightful! His cute little face, and his round little tootsies, and his elegant antlers, and his floofy tail! again, dying of “teh cute” Seriously, the watercolor skills here slay me; it is both soft and very cleanly done. I love him, and he shall also grace the crafty wall of happy things as soon as I pick out a frame for him!

Thank you both so very deeply. Again, I am sorry it took a while to post, but it was definitely not due to any lack of joy or enthusiasm, and I have been so enjoying looking at my beautiful gifts on my desk until I have a chance to hang things this weekend. Thank you for being fabulous partners! I’ve never failed to be thrilled at the people who make up this community. And finally, thank you again, @gozer , for organizing this awesome swap! :heart:

(And thank you for all the kind comments on the Amabie hoop! I totally made up stitches as I went along, to fit what I had in mind. :slight_smile: I promise she will get her own post as soon as I am able!)

14 Likes

How cool for you to get a Nessie from someone who has been to her home! I love all the careful attention to the details that represent this…I also admire the background fabric used…

The baby jackelope is so well done…makes me believe that it might be possible that to see one…maybe?

So glad you posted…it continues the awesomeness of this swap gallery…it is one of my favorites!

4 Likes

Oh my goodness, Nessie and the jackalope are both so amazingly CUTE! I love that they came with postcards, and I’m coveting the sweet little watercolor bird. Such watercolor skill!

3 Likes